Feb 07 2013
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Gaming Beast 2026 posts

Titles that'd Insta-sell for Sure.

[ Edited ]
26 replies 526 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

Hey again! I sat here with a friend of mine talking about All-Stars and where it succeeded and where it fell and we discussed some titles that we felt would of probably sold more copies of All-Stars but failed to make it anywhere near the game. Some obvious titles are of course..

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Kingdom Hearts

In my honest opinion I feel as if those three titles alone would had probably boosted the sales in this game a lot further than it is now. Now some of you probably stopped reading or even closed this once you saw Crash mentioned, yeah another Crash thread. I just feel like this game had potential to be a little more than what it is; I'm not saying it's a bad game.

I also think that Silent Hill might of helped a little.. I mean who in the world doesn't want to see the epic match between Pyramid Head and Big Daddy? 

What do you guys think? What titles do you think would of sold more coppies of All-Stars?

Try to be a little realistic about it, instead of bringing up unknown or obscure titles.

Message 1 of 27 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Titles that'd Insta-sell for Sure.

Feb 7, 2013
Would heart of darkness be an obscure title? I thought it was an amazing ps1 title.
Message 2 of 27 (514 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 7, 2013

SabenX wrote:
Would heart of darkness be an obscure title? I thought it was an amazing ps1 title.

I honestly haven't heard of it but that doesn't really make it obscure. I'm not really sure how many people remember or know of this game.

But if it could remembered as something iconic to many people then it wouldn't be obscure.

Message 3 of 27 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I can't believe there were people that didn't buy it simply because their childhood wasn't present.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 4 of 27 (500 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Feb 7, 2013
^what he said.
Message 5 of 27 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 7, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I can't believe there were people that didn't buy it simply because their childhood wasn't present.

I was a little disapointed that some (but kind of major) things were missing in the game but it didn't stop me from buying it. A lot of people were looking forward to seeing some more characters in this game from the past.

It's not always people not buying the game simply because their childhood wasn't present, sometimes it's them not even knowing about the game because their childhood wasn't present. 

I don't think it's too wrong to not buy something because the character you wanted wasn't in the game.

Message 6 of 27 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I think it's ridiculous to not buy something because of a few characters. Love it or hate it, the general consensus is that the game is fun. People are willing to completely negate that just because Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Sora were missing.

Nariko is my favorite female character of all time, but I would've bought the game regardless if she was in or not. I think it's shallow not to buy something you would've wanted otherwise if the character was in the game.

People act like it was promised they would bring back classic characters. Who said that they would? It's not like they didn't either. Parappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike were beloved PS1 characters. They were brought back, was that not good enough?

Hell I think it would've been more criminal if the game had Crash but not Kratos.
Message 7 of 27 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 7, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I think it's ridiculous to not buy something because of a few characters. Love it or hate it, the general consensus is that the game is fun. People are willing to completely negate that just because Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Sora were missing.

Nariko is my favorite female character of all time, but I would've bought the game regardless if she was in or not. I think it's shallow not to buy something you would've wanted otherwise if the character was in the game.

People act like it was promised they would bring back classic characters. Who said that they would? It's not like they didn't either. Parappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike were beloved PS1 characters. They were brought back, was that not good enough?

Hell I think it would've been more criminal if the game had Crash but not Kratos.

Originally when I started this thread I kind of was thinking on titles that would of brought more attention to this game rather than a thread on people who didn't buy this game because certain titles werent in it. It's sort of the same and sort of different at the same time. For and example:

There could be guy A who was a huge fan of X game. X game was not mentioned or shown in adverts so he didn't really pay much attention to the game and it never really caught to him.

Then there's guy B. Guy B was a huge fan of X game and was waiting for it to come into the roster but it never did. Guy B goes on a rant, calls the game garbage, and then never buys the game. 

Guy A and B are not the same, but are real people. 

On another note, do you think it's okay for someone to buy a game because their favorite character is in it? Or is it just as bad as not buying something because their favorite character isn't in it?

Message 8 of 27 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Ummm Tomb Raider began the whole gigantic playstation chart up selling thing... A lot of ps1 were sold cuz of the game... Heart of Darkness is also awesome...

"I've destroyed whole planets, so what chance have you got?"

phoenix-win_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

Message 9 of 27 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I'm not talking about Guy A, because chances are Guy A didn't go to YouTube or the PASBR forums and complain, rant on the game being garbage, and say Smash was better. My post was directed towards Guy B.

And for your last question, please refer to my 2nd paragraph in my previous post.
Message 10 of 27 (412 Views)