Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: We need a rep from the best vita game.

Dec 16, 2012
To be fair, Persona 4 was already a great game on the PS2 (in terms of critical success), so it's no real surprise that it's getting just as much positive reviews for the Vita version.

What I mean by that is, just because its highly rated on the Vita, doesn't make it a good Vita rep because its a port (even with the additions) and therefore not really a success for the Vita solely. If it were an original Persona title, then I'd be inclined to agree with you (considering how much fun I'm having with P4G), but it's not whereas Gravity Rush is (which is easily rep'able due to having one primary protagonist).

It doesn't hurt the fact that Kat actually is a loveable character & easily related to the Vita as a series of the present and future.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 51 of 69 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I don't know why people are not noticing the two month date difference in this thread.

Anyway, to the thread maker, I've played all of the original games (none of the re-makes) and watched the two animes for Persona. (Except for Persona 4 Arena, haven't gotten around to getting it yet.) Now I think it isn't fit to be called a Playstation Vita rep because it isn't soley for the Vita. It actually started on the PS1 and continued on to PS3 and now even the X-Box 360. I understand where you're coming from, because Golden is releasing for the Vita, but the series as a whole is in no way representing the Vita at all. Being stretched all the way from the PS1 to the PS3 and Vita (not to mention it's now not only a PS exclusive series) I don't think it deserves to be the 'sole rep' for the Vita.

Kat is another story. She only has one game and it's arguably  the best stand alone game for the Vita. There is no history of her being on any other consoles, even Playstation owned. That's what makes her such a viable rep, she is a Vita exclusive, making her an obviois Vita rep. Now since the Persona games are for multiple consoles, even for the X-Box 360, it'd be equaly a valid statement to say a character from Assasin's Creed should be Vita representative, because it had history on Playstation, even though it's also on the X-Box, and now has a game for the Vita.

Message 52 of 69 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Dec 16, 2012

1. So you're not listening to logic because you think I have an attitude. You're an idiot.  

2. Dante, Cole, and Kratos have all been in fighting gamed. Want to kick them out to? 

3. Listen to yourselves. You don't want a character in because they're japanese. You sound like racist jerks. Here is a fun fact, Sony is a japanese company.

Message 53 of 69 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I get where you are coming from also. But, Yu want be the only rep because kat is already in. Plus persona only had one game on the 360 which was also on the ps3. Not to mention golden is the highest rated game of the year. I think that overall, a persona rep does deserve to be in more than kat.

Message 54 of 69 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I'm not saying a Persona rep doesn't deserve to be in it, but I don't think there should be one just because of the Vita. Kat is deserving of the Vita slot because she is the sole character that is only on the Vita and for a rather sucessful game. However since Persona does have a extensive history on the PS3 I do think a representative should be made, but again, it doesn't really deserve the Vita slot, even with quality taken into account, since the series as a whole is far more than just the Vita.

Message 55 of 69 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Alright, I can respect that sasuke. I just think that golden gives a persona character more reason to be in. But, I still say it is the best vita game. 

Message 56 of 69 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Riggile, you need to drop your cocky, better than us all, attitude before you get any respect around here.

#Reapers
Message 57 of 69 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

1. So you're not listening to logic because you think I have an attitude. You're an idiot.  

2. Dante, Cole, and Kratos have all been in fighting gamed. Want to kick them out to? 

3. Listen to yourselves. You don't want a character in because they're japanese. You sound like racist jerks. Here is a fun fact, Sony is a japanese company.

Yet again, Kat's inclusion is way more deserving than any Persona rep, but yet I may have went too far with the Japanese rep thing, but so many of you are requesting a lot of unecessary ones. Disegea which is one of them. Yet again JRPGs are overrated and over produced.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 58 of 69 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I only respect people who show respect.

Message 59 of 69 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 16, 2012
if a Persona was ever to be repped, it wouldn't be called a Vita rep,
the Vita rep is Kat...
Play For Fun!
Message 60 of 69 (28 Views)
0 Likes