Feb 04 2013
By: Indignation__ Lombax Warrior 156 posts

What bothers you in ranked play?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 284 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

What bothers in ranked play? I mean besides glitches/bugs and lag. 

- For me I hate that there isn't any level voting. Seriously, we need this because sometimes we get the same 2 levels for almost 6-10 games.

- I can't stand the hazards, they are wayyyyyy too common. I mean seriously it seems like hazards target you when your closest to your level 3, like sometimes the target follows you etc... 

- Items in general, the spawn rate is way too high but if I had to say specific items then:

Freeze bomb/orb thing: games are timed instead of stock so getting frozen lasts way too long that it is worse if they don't kill you and let you stay in it for the full length. 

Medusas head: Do I even have to explain this?

Leech Beam: The worst item of them all and should be removed ASAP from all competitive play, I mean watch the tournaments that are on youtube, almost every single game where the leech beam shows up in the later matches are decided by who gets this item. I actually can't believe that they passed this item as balanced when making this game. It needs to be literally halved in its leeching and in it's active time or removed.     

Now items are fine when playing for fun but in competitive, it shouldn't be there in my opinion, when they are this ridiculous, especially when they sometimes spawn near a player (1 game a sly had a leech beam spawn right beside him and then when it was done another spawned beside him again, quite annoying).

What about you guys what are your peevs in ranked? Do you like items and hazards? Do you want more or less frequency of items and hazards?

Message 1 of 23 (284 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Re: What bothers you in ranked play?

Feb 4, 2013
I hate idiots who let people get their level 3s
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 2 of 23 (272 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Feb 4, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:
I hate idiots who let people get their level 3s

That too. I hate even more, using sly as an example, is when  a player is going for a level 3 and 2 opponents gang up on the lvl3 player while a sly sits back and gets easy double and triple kills from the gang up and the dumb opponents don't think of going after the sly when hes winning by 10 points lol.

Message 3 of 23 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Everything.
Message 4 of 23 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 4, 2013
resistance stage 2nd half hazard. that little **bleep** who shoot bubbles at you and traps you. i wish i can use my sweet tooth lvl 3 and knock that mother **bleep**er out
Message 5 of 23 (251 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Feb 4, 2013

The hydra in the ratchet and clank level hitting you and losing your ap randomly and then falling in the pit, like a giant chain reaction that took a meter and a half of your ap...

Message 6 of 23 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 4, 2013
i really hate that buzz **bleep**. i was like || away from a lvl 3 and i got the question wrong and i lost soooo much ap
Message 7 of 23 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I hate how it always does like the same 3 stages. And just the belt system in general is dumb. You win 8 games in a row just to lose one and basically have those 8 not count. It gets old. You should get a bonus like +5 bp for winning games in a row. because I hardly ever play anybody ranked higher than me and everytime I do they **bleep** quit so it doesn't count.
Message 8 of 23 (236 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Also when 2 players are near lvl 3s and the first one to go off gets around 6+ kills. Then a player ragequits. Then you activate your lvl 3 and now there are only 2 players and you only get around 4 kills. This isn't fair because the first guy had 3 targets while you had 2 and you just lost because of it.

Message 9 of 23 (230 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Feb 4, 2013
#1 Error code: 0000-0025!!
#2 When people keep allowing this person to do level 3
#3 Error code:0000-0025
#4 when this person who keep dying always tailgates me!
#5 Error code:0000-0025
#6 How the heck do people transport from up to down? keeps killing me unknowingly!
Also did i mention Error code:0000-0025 cause im pretty sure that bothers me alot!
Message 10 of 23 (217 Views)
0 Likes