Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Why Sly's is overpowered and is the only character that needs to be nerfed.

Oct 28, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
As Sly, my level 1 has been interrupted a ton of times.
And his level 3 isn't that good. Its pretty easy to dodge too.

Not from my experience. Lets say I roll, he click his camera, i dodge death. so what happens again? He just clicks it again half a second later and i'm death before i can recover from my first counter. It seems near impossible to dodge to me  

Someone once dodged mine by simply dodge rolling back and forth. Plus, air dodging and Hermes boots make it easy to dodge too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 11 of 91 (581 Views)
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 28, 2012
@JayJXZ:
You know that you would've wasted his time and shot, right? He has limited amounts of both. Keep on avoiding it. It's tough, but I've seen him miss all but one character before. It mainly helps to just jump around like mad.
Message 12 of 91 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Sly isn't op he CAN NOT BLOCK and his lvl 1 has a bit of a startup so most of the time it can be jumped out of; and if you aren't spamming like a noob the counter shouldn't be a problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 91 (575 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Oct 28, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
As Sly, my level 1 has been interrupted a ton of times.
And his level 3 isn't that good. Its pretty easy to dodge too.

Not from my experience. Lets say I roll, he click his camera, i dodge death. so what happens again? He just clicks it again half a second later and i'm death before i can recover from my first counter. It seems near impossible to dodge to me  

You gotta remember, sly can only take 7 pictures total.  On top of that hey has a count down. You actually gotta use more skill than it seems with slys level 3...

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 14 of 91 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 28, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Sly isn't invincible, he can be hit and it can be cancelled.

I know he can get hit, but every time I hit him, his attack never gets cancelled.  Never.  I've cancelled FPs, sweet tooths, Kratos, a ton of Radecs, and parappa's but never Slys, and I fight a ton of them.  

Message 15 of 91 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Seriously kupomogli?
 photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 16 of 91 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

I know he can get hit, but every time I hit him, his attack never gets cancelled.  Never.  I've cancelled FPs, sweet tooths, Kratos, a ton of Radecs, and parappa's but never Slys, and I fight a ton of them.  

It seems to me, Goldhawk, that based on the other threads I've seen your posts in that you have a lot of problems that none of us have experienced.  Especially in your "not sure I'm going to buy this game" thread.  And this statement right here.  All level one's can be cancelled with a basic attack, and I've done it to Sly many times

Message 17 of 91 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 28, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

It seems to me, Goldhawk, that based on the other threads I've seen your posts in that you have a lot of problems that none of us have experienced.  Especially in your "not sure I'm going to buy this game" thread.  And this statement right here.  All level one's can be cancelled with a basic attack, and I've done it to Sly many times

Show me proof, because I refuse to believe it even in the slightest.  

Message 18 of 91 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

That must be really bad luck/timing then.  A lot of the opponents I play hit me at the exact point needed to stop it from going off.  I'd say 1/6 of my lvl1s (mind you, I rarely go above lvl1 because I don't like his lvl2 and lvl3s are too risky in the Beta now) get stopped, with half of those likely being lucky shots.  I've also stopped his lvl1 quite a bit, as well; Sly's Electric Roll seems to get them a lot for some reason.

Edit: 1/6 seems a bit high to me, now that I think about it.  It's about as frequent as any other lvl1 getting cancelled when I play.  Though then again I haven't played much FFA, so perhaps it's harder to cancel it there.  Out of all the characters, Fat Princess is the most effective in cancelling my lvl1, oddly enough.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 19 of 91 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2014

Message 20 of 91 (531 Views)