Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: Why are people so against anime characters

Mar 28, 2013
Ape Escape and Parappa also had an anime. Dead Space and Tekken have a couple animated, and in the latters case live action, movies and Sly has an animated short or two. difference is that they are video game characters first and foremost. there is a big difference between adding a video game character who happens to have an animated series, and adding an anime character that happens to have a video game. are games like Naruto Ninja Storm or DBZ Budokai good games? yeah sure. I'm not going to deny they are good games. but there needs to be a line of separation this stops being a game about video games coming together. if u really wanna play as your favorite anime character. just wait because Project Versus J is in development right now anyway and it will have a lot of good anime characters in it. (Hopefully)

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 105 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2391 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Because people are babies. In games like Street Fighter X Tekken you have characters like Cole McGrath and Pacman, they have nothing to do with tekken or street fighter but are introduced as "guests" I don't see why they couldn't do the same here to add some cool people to the roster. It's not like it matters though, they're obviously terrible at getting licenses for video game characters, I don't see them doing any better with anime ones.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 105 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Because people are babies. In games like Street Fighter X Tekken you have characters like Cole McGrath and Pacman, they have nothing to do with tekken or street fighter but are introduced as "guests" I don't see why they couldn't do the same here to add some cool people to the roster. It's not like it matters though, they're obviously terrible at getting licenses for video game characters, I don't see them doing any better with anime ones.

Pacman represented Namco, who makes Tekken, as a company,  just as Megaman represented Capcom, who makes Street Fighter, as a company.

The only outlying characters were Cole, Toro, and Kuro, who were all just silly Playstation bonuses.

The issue with anime characters compared to video game characters who have had/been in animes, is that anime characters originated from anime. Every single character in all stars originated from a video game. This is a video game characters mashup, with mostly strong ties to the Playstation brand. It's not a "cool people" mashup. If that's what you're looking for, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 105 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2391 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Actually its just an allstar mashup according to the title. Playstation All-stars...
All-stars could be anybody.
Also that's not true, not every character in this game originated from a videogame.
If a character is IN All-star that's in a videogame, id say in my opinion they have every right to be in the game.
Anyways it doesn't matter, this game will only have characters that help market other games..
With the playstation slapped on the title to let you know this game is only for playstation
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 105 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Because some people actually have good taste and common sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 105 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Mar 28, 2013

thread fail

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 105 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2391 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Good taste and common sense? I hardly see how taste has anything to do with anime. Considering most of what's in animes is in videogames. And clearly all of you play videogames........
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 105 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Good taste and common sense? I hardly see how taste has anything to do with anime. Considering most of what's in animes is in videogames. And clearly all of you play videogames........

Yeah listen, never gonna happen. You'd like it, we wouldn't. Nothing to talk about anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 105 (178 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

Of course we all play video games here. That's what this forum is about. to talk about PLAYSTATION ALL STARS and VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS that could be in. Why? because PLAYSTATION ALL STARS was made for A bunch of VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS to be in A fighting GAME together.

I bet you want the fairly odd parents in super smash brothers because they had A nintendo ds game to huh?

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 105 (177 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Mar 28, 2013
what the hell are you guys talking about?
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 105 (155 Views)
0 Likes