Fender Bender
2538 posts

Re: Why are people so against anime characters

Mar 28, 2013

Just because they have a game on PlayStation, does not mean they aren't primarily an anime character. If the first thing I think of when I hear a character is "anime" then they don't belong in this game.

I like the Simpsons analogy someone used early on. I would hate it if Homer got in this game. Just because a character would have a cool moveset, and they have been on a PS game, does not mean they belong in THIS game. 

Message 31 of 105 (136 Views)
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Mar 28, 2013

The definition of an 'All star' is vague but its clear enough that we know it doesnt mean 'characters that had a game at some point'.

Naruto started as an anime and has games on a few consoles now. (Not applicable)

Dante started as a video game character and has had an spin-off anime. (All star)

Isaac started as a video game character and was later given a short film and anime. (Applicable)

Its pretty clear cut. This game is not called Extreme Anime Adventure Party: Battle Royale.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 32 of 105 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Mar 28, 2013
"Um...what?

EVERY character in this game originated in a video game!"
I wasnt aware Zeus "originated" from a videogame. He originated from Greek mythology-___-
Message 33 of 105 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
"Um...what?

EVERY character in this game originated in a video game!"
I wasnt aware Zeus "originated" from a videogame. He originated from Greek mythology-___-

So did God of War. Which is a game, that Zeus is in. And the representation for Zeus in this is off of his God of War appearance.

Why does this thread even exist? People are against anime characters because we're against not making sense.

Message 34 of 105 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I still don't get why people care, its not like any anime character would ever be in this game. We're more likely gonna get a character that nobody wants, or just not get any more characters until the sequel.
Message 35 of 105 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Mar 28, 2013
He still originated from something other than a game and he's virtually the same character from what he originated from(a huge **bleep** who starts problems by sleeping with mortals and is the god of lightning).
Message 36 of 105 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
He still originated from something other than a game and he's virtually the same character from what he originated from(a huge **bleep** who starts problems by sleeping with mortals and is the god of lightning).

The story of God of War is what he originates from. Technically, a lot of demons from DMC are biblical references. We don't say that's where they come from though. We know that the game is representing them, so that is their video game origin. We got the GoW Zeus, not the Greek mythology Zeus. They are two different people. GoW is telling the "true" story of the greek gods.

Message 37 of 105 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Why are there no anime characters in this? Because they would be extremely out of place. It'd be like putting Spongebob in the next Smash Bros game because he had games on the Gamecube.

Also, the characters people request absolutely suck. Naruto sucks, Bleach sucks, Dragon Ball sucks, they all suck. If a person was dumb enough to pick Naruto/Ichigo/Goku, I would hope they'd be complete joke characters and make them feel exactly like an episode of their shows. Naruto would act like an annoying idiot for 20 minutes before being able to attack, Ichigo would have to talk about absolutely nothing for 30 minutes, and Goku would have to charge himself up whilst screaming for rougly an hour.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 38 of 105 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Not really we got mix of GoW Zeus and Greek mythology Zeus because they're like the same character...
Zeus originated. Was created from Greek mythology. They can use the 'god of war' version but he still originated from Greek mythology. Just like they may use the new dante, but he still originated from devil may cry 1.
Message 39 of 105 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9826 posts

Mar 28, 2013
But it's an entirely different Zeus. That's the point.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 40 of 105 (127 Views)
0 Likes