Survivor
2457 posts

Re: Why are people so against anime characters

Mar 28, 2013
But its not, he's not portrayed very different at all, he looks like a classic picture you'd see of Zeus in a school text book, regardless of what version he's based on. If it was people I know wouldn't see him, and go oh okay read about him in school.. not everybody has played god of war..
Message 41 of 105 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

Mar 28, 2013
What's sad is we've had this conversation before. It was explained to you then, and it was explained to you now.

It doesn't matter if Zeus originated from Greek Mythology. We're not using Greek Mythos Zeus, we're using God of War Zeus. It's literally that simple.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 42 of 105 (120 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Mar 28, 2013
It's not that simple. There's no significant difference in the Zeus. You could say they used the my little pony version of Zeus, it doesn't matter because he looks like the original version Zeus, and he acts like the original version of Zeus. There is nothing in PSABR that can clearly draw the line between what version of Zeus this is, unless you play his arcade mode where he talks about kratos, but even then. Hes still the god of lightning. My point is, if I never played god of war, how the hell am I supposed to know this is the god of war version of Zeus? His name is just Zeus and hes still the same exact character that he has been in so many stories...
This game does the same thing with the final.boss, how is somebody who doesn't know who the polygon man is, supposed to just know that's who he is? It doesn't say anywhere Polygon Man fight, just like it doesn't say God of War's Zeus, it just days Zeus.
Message 43 of 105 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

Mar 28, 2013
No it really is that simple. If someone didn't know that was the GoW Zeus, someone would explain to them that it was the GoW Zeus.

Case closed.
Message 44 of 105 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Mar 28, 2013

then they'd say whats the difference, then they'd say well there's a black version of him.. and umm.. oh wait there is no difference. 

Message 45 of 105 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

Mar 28, 2013
They'd say, well the GoW Zeus played an integral part in the GoW series.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Message 46 of 105 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Mar 28, 2013
^ Don't forget his crazy boss fight. That's gonna put him on the "Most memorable boss fights" list.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 105 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Why would anime characters be in this game??? it doesn't make any sense. This game is for "Playstation" characters, as in the title.

It's not happening.

That is all

Message 48 of 105 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

It is literally the same Zeus from GoW. If you didn't know he was from GoW, then you would have researched why he was in the game and immediately found out. I'm sure it explains in his profile. Your excuse that some people havent played GoW is flawed. That's like saying that I didn't know what game Sir Dan was from so I don't think he should be in. Your analogy that Zeus is from greek mythology is wrong. There is no Greek mythology in the PS universe. There's only the games. Zeus comes from GoW which happens to be based on our greek mythology. Stop trolling.

Message 49 of 105 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Mar 28, 2013

So the people that are saying "we are not using Greek Mytho Zeus, We are using Gow Zeus." Same applys to we are not using ANIME (goku naruto luffy) We are using Video game (goku Naruto Luffy). People STILLLLLLLL dont get that Anime has had such a HUGE success in Playstation sales especiallly in japan where it is sold the most.  With over 300 anime titles in exisitence i think that we deserve 1 anime character. Take away all the anime games since start of PS1 and give them all to microsoft and you will see that playstation wouldnt be as popular as it is now. So basically stop being ignorant to the idea of an anime character.

Message 50 of 105 (119 Views)