Treasure Hunter
5848 posts

Re: Why do people choose stock over kill limit?

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013
I like stock better than timed or kill limit. Mainly because I want to worry about MY STOCK and MY KILLS. I don't want to worry about how many times someone killed who.
I know that I know not
Message 21 of 30 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

May 5, 2013
stock teaches you how to dodge and survive. predicting enemy movement and such is key.

kill limit is to teach you to make double and triple kills to your advantage. also to make sure you can use every super attack to your advantage. kill limit can make you want to use your level 1 instead of your level 2 when your team only needs one more kill. so yeah this encourages kill confirms.

then finally we have timed. this is the only ranked mode available so we end up basically racing to get as many points as possible. basically the other two prepare you for this mode.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 22 of 30 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
384 posts

May 5, 2013
Essentially, if you play as someone with a good level 3, target's on you. Kill limit has the balance of urgency and survival.
Message 23 of 30 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

May 5, 2013

Ginta2468 wrote:
I think it is the Smash mentality that makes most people choose stock despite it being inferior.

that's weird, because I play nothing but stock, yet have never played any Smash games

yep, that's the sound of your logic in the toilet my friend

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 24 of 30 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 5, 2013

Yeah, Smash Brothers. Honestly this game would've been way better if they just would've copied Smash Bros entirely. Plus it's just nice to kill all your friends while retaining all your lives.

Message 25 of 30 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

May 5, 2013
Nobody would've even given the game a look if it was exactly like Smash Bros. They'd write it off as a clone and just ignore it entirely.

They did the right thing by trying something new for the genre. It needed it's own identity and I think it has done just that.

It just needs some adjustments that's all.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 26 of 30 (100 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

May 5, 2013
I agree with Ginta on this one. It is rather strange why people don't prefer kill limit or timed, but from what I've noticed, the trends have changed a bit. I've been running into more kill limit and timed matches as of late (not to say that I haven't had my share of stock matches), so perhaps the other modes might take over as more dominant.

I personally don't have issues with stock, since regardless of mode, its the people we fight that make or break it.

Oh, on a side note, will you be on sometime today Ginta? I want to make sure I get my match with you sometime today if we can help it xD My friend yesterday just got the game, so if that wasn't the case, I would have fought you then.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To fight with Honor, Courage, and Integrity. That is the way of the Warrior

Help support Fighting game reps for PSABR here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 27 of 30 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

May 5, 2013

I'm not sure, I know the game was designed to work the best in timed mode, and it does. but my friends never want to play it because timed has no sense of finish, you just keep going until the game says "ok, good enough, times up, here's who won." Kill limit has basically the same play style: most kills in X time wins, only X is variable to whoever hits a specific amount first, but really the y way you play is the same as timed. Stock on the other hand, is "last man standing" you actually get to defeat your enemies.

Or so my friends explain it too me.

Message 28 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

May 5, 2013
Ginta, do you want me to choose kill limit next time we do 2v2s? Lol
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 29 of 30 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

May 5, 2013

Here's the best modes for these setups:

FFA: Kills (Timed is viable too)

2v2: Timed

1v1: Stock/Kills (same thing)

- No Stock in FFA/2v2: Someone will usually die first, that someone will leave, and that someone is usually the host.

- No Kills in 2v2: Since it's a combination of kills, 2 Zeus' can dominate any match with this, or 2 Raidens.

- No Timed in 1v1: If you get a good lead, all you gotta do is run away (since there's only one person to worry about) for the rest of the match to win, and that can be lame.

I think this should be the standard for those modes~

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 30 of 30 (52 Views)
0 Likes