Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
577 posts

Re: Why is Dante the weakest character?

Feb 5, 2013
Yeah, thats why Kratos is an OP character..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 11 of 38 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 5, 2013

He is weak, just compare him to Kratos. Even without combos, Kratos gains AP really fast. compare that do Dante, and Dante NEEDS his combos to gain ANY AP at all. Kratos can mash neutral square over and over again with pretty much no recovery or room for his opponent to counter-attack, whereas Dante has to awit about half an hour to recover if one of his square attacks whiffs, easily leaving himself open for a combo or super.

Dante can be a good character, but to say that he completely destroys some character is just wrong imo. He's pretty much the weakest and hardest to use melee character in the game.

Also, if you're going against zoning characters as Dante (such as the characters u menttioned + Sly), you're gonna have a really bad time getting at them. They'll make it hard as hell to get them in one of your combos, and as Dante if you can't combo someone you pretty much lose.

I dunno about him being the absolute worst character in thet game, but he is definately down there in the bottom 3 i'd say.

Basically the way I see it. When I have a good match, it's fun and I enjoy playing as Dante. But most of the time, those victories are far and few in between. He mainly is an opportunist, and he's best in FFA because that's when the most opportunities arise. I'm a 999 Dante, but I think I just played my last match with him. Taking a break from PSASBR until Kat and Emmett get here. Start fresh.

Message 12 of 38 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 5, 2013

XxJRodrigoxX wrote:
Kratos is a combo character too and he can hit anyone from the front or behind. Big Daddy may be slow but if you chain the right attacks, you can get to Super lvl 3 in no time. Dante has been my main since day one and I feel like I'm just wasting my time. I thought by laying a character that isn't cheap, he would be fun. Instead I'm stuck with a character that can barely win unless I'm a freaking psychic.

Time for this snippet again: Can't wait to finish the wholre article:

1.3 – Do Not Label Things As Cheap:

You can’t blame your opponents for applying a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity.” ~ Bill Clinton

When your opponent does something that is working, and you haven't found a way to beat it yet, DO NOT label it as a cheap tactic. What that does is shift the responsibility away from yourself, so you don't have to find a way to beat it. ~ Juggs, testyourmight.com moderator

What Juggs said is 100% correct. The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)

"Well I just won't play that player who is using that tactic". If you're not trying to get better and just playing to play, I guess I would understand that. However, if you want to get better, that's the worst statement you can utter. What the problem is, is that you want to win. And when a player is doing something you can't win against, you want to give it a label to justify losing to it, or losing to that player in general. Instead of actually putting in the effort of finding ways to beat the tactic, it's far easier to just say that the player was playing "cheap" and refuse to play people who play like that.” ~ Juggs

Do not have that kind of attitude. Accept that your victory or loss is held within your own hands, and use all the tools available to you to win. "My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."~ Michael Jordon Find a way to turn your weaknesses into strengths instead of blaming them on outside sources. This will help you improve.

Message 13 of 38 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Dante? Weak?

Wait, seriously? Like..really? He's not weak at all. He's definitely one of the stronger characters of the roster. Obviously not to the level of Kratos' range or Raidens combo potential, but saying he's 'weak' is going way way WAY too far.

The thing with Dante is that people don't understand how good he really is and complain that the guns don't do anything. The point here is, you're supposed to be in, up close, dealing as much damage as you can in a combo.

Need to get in? Use Angel Boost. Someone's going to take advantage of your misplaced sword combo? Cancel into a gun and then immediately cancel into a counter. Someone's spamming from a distance? Jump and Angel Boost, then Helm Breaker. Someone's about to Super you and you can't dodge roll in time because you tried to slice? Rainstorm cancel upwards.

I could come up with a legion of things that Dante can do in almost every situation. In the right hands; good hands; he's one of the best.

Message 14 of 38 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Actually Marrow he is pretty bad.
Message 15 of 38 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Where's your reasoning? Counteract my argument.

Message 16 of 38 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Yah... he sucks unfortunately... :smileysad: Thanks goodness hes getting buffed soon.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 17 of 38 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Feb 5, 2013

WolferGaming wrote:
What? NO, Dante is not the weakest, I can argue that the weakest are Sir Dan and Jak.

Sir Dan is far from the weakest bro trust me

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 18 of 38 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Sir Dan is not one of the weakest....
Play For Fun!
Message 19 of 38 (152 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Sir Dan is just one of the most difficult to play. Like Fat Princess.

Message 20 of 38 (146 Views)
0 Likes