Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/26/2010
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

Apr 2, 2013

regularbender wrote:

if this game is bad then why r u even here


This is the community fourms to voice your opinion and ask questions and to seek advice. Thats the reason why I'm here. What about you?



Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 47 (119 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 04/01/2013
Online
2138 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

Apr 2, 2013

I have to admit, arcade mode is pretty dull and pointless, but that's not the reason why i bought this game. i just wanted to play with friends and random people online, and i'm satisfied. it may not have as much to offer as smash bros did, but this game is still really fun. 

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 47 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/27/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

Apr 2, 2013

club penguin has better online playability the allstars

 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 47 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/26/2010
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

Apr 2, 2013

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

Well, this game beats the crap out of SSB. 

 

1. Better characters (and no copy characters, something people don't say enough about).

2. The battle systems for both were unique for their time, but this battle system requires patience, and perfect timing for kills.

3. This game's got more lolz

4. The game is more rewarding to players who play aggressively.  Find someone who's good at SSB, and watch them sidestep, roll and shield as often as or more than they attack.  You won't hit them.

5. This game doesn't require a previous generation's controller to get the full experience.  

 

Overall, this game may seem much more simplistic in its battle system than SSB, however, this is what makes it so appealing in my eyes.  It's similar to my love of Mortal Kombat.


1. I will admit I like PASBR characters alot more than SSBB, but even though smash has alot of copy characters theirs still 30 Characters in the game that aren't clones. Allstars has i think like 21 excluding E.Cole.

2. Yes, but all this ends up doing is just making KC, and having moves like Dante what seems like forever combo filled with cancelling.

 

3. No I wanna give it to Smash their, PLUS I could actually save matches and images of lulzy moments. 

 

4. "4. The game is more rewarding to players who play aggressively."  "2. The battle systems for both were unique for their time, but this battle system requires patience, and perfect timing for kills." Choose one

 

5. Yeah thats Nintendo Fault



Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 47 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/26/2010
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so....Bad?

Apr 2, 2013

HARVESTER_FTW wrote:

Harutoa wrote:

So according to this forum, if a game is bad, its not truly bad your just bad at it. Lets not take into the fact that theirs virtually no characters, and stages. Or how the Arcade is garbage and before you say "Its just Arcade, its not meant to be Insanely good". THE FINAL BOSS CAN"T HURT YOU, HE JUST SITS THERE. The customization was a joke, the belt system is flawed. The online is just a little better than SSBB. That Main Menu! lol. I know this brawler was for the fans,  I've been exclusively gaming with playstation since 96". This is BAD don't be a mindless Sony fanboy.


 

 

Okay, lemme tell you why you're wrong. First, this game has 24 characters, and a diverse lineup. Twisted Metal, the longest running IP Sony has. Uncharted, an iconic series. Jak and Daxter, an inclusion that pleased MANY fans. Sir Dan, a character that honestly wasn't expected to make it in. Spike, a much requested retro character. Isaac Clarke, whom I've seen on many lists. Big Daddy, a character that represents one of the most esteemed series in recent gaming history. The cast comes from a very varied range of games, from shooters to vehicular combat, platformers to survival horror, there's characters from every genre. The levels? Yeah, could use more, but we've got some really good ones, and the stages all feel varied and unique. Plus, we got the Graveyard. :3 As for customization? Costumes, taunts, intros, outros, music... good stuff. A lot more than Smash Bros had. And the final boss logic is terrible. So many great games have had "pacifist" final bosses. In Portal, a turret did all the work while GlaDOS berated you. In Bioshock 2 Sofia Lamb sent her lackies out to stop you. Heck, Half-Life 2 ended without a traditional boss fight. If this is all your ammo against the Arcade mode, you need to get more bullets son. :3


Final Boss Logic.............. Flawed?  This is a FIGHTER lol! he shouldn't be a pacifist.

 

Two, Third Party character one being a DLC and some old retro characters, that are sony owned. Thats what the game should've been more as. More Sony owned games. wheres Ico and Shadow?



Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 47 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/11/2012
Offline
68 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

Apr 2, 2013

Well if you ask me Harutoa the people on this fourm are not the nicest and love to hate any ideas, smh but i do agree this game sucks in a lot of ways to the point where you can not even compare it to super smash brothers. Game is broken to the point where people have to nag for patches for the game and it doesnt even satisfy anyone. There are only 20 characters unless you buy dlc, no story mode. sigh... 

 

I dont want to say anymore of how much this game sucks but im just playing until lightning returns ffxiii and the new super smash brothers come out.

 

but yeah i agree with you harutoa this game sucks

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 47 (87 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/23/2012
Offline
3576 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so....Bad?

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Harutoa wrote:

HARVESTER_FTW wrote:

Harutoa wrote:

So according to this forum, if a game is bad, its not truly bad your just bad at it. Lets not take into the fact that theirs virtually no characters, and stages. Or how the Arcade is garbage and before you say "Its just Arcade, its not meant to be Insanely good". THE FINAL BOSS CAN"T HURT YOU, HE JUST SITS THERE. The customization was a joke, the belt system is flawed. The online is just a little better than SSBB. That Main Menu! lol. I know this brawler was for the fans,  I've been exclusively gaming with playstation since 96". This is BAD don't be a mindless Sony fanboy.


 

 

Okay, lemme tell you why you're wrong. First, this game has 24 characters, and a diverse lineup. Twisted Metal, the longest running IP Sony has. Uncharted, an iconic series. Jak and Daxter, an inclusion that pleased MANY fans. Sir Dan, a character that honestly wasn't expected to make it in. Spike, a much requested retro character. Isaac Clarke, whom I've seen on many lists. Big Daddy, a character that represents one of the most esteemed series in recent gaming history. The cast comes from a very varied range of games, from shooters to vehicular combat, platformers to survival horror, there's characters from every genre. The levels? Yeah, could use more, but we've got some really good ones, and the stages all feel varied and unique. Plus, we got the Graveyard. :3 As for customization? Costumes, taunts, intros, outros, music... good stuff. A lot more than Smash Bros had. And the final boss logic is terrible. So many great games have had "pacifist" final bosses. In Portal, a turret did all the work while GlaDOS berated you. In Bioshock 2 Sofia Lamb sent her lackies out to stop you. Heck, Half-Life 2 ended without a traditional boss fight. If this is all your ammo against the Arcade mode, you need to get more bullets son. :3


Final Boss Logic.............. Flawed?  This is a FIGHTER lol! he shouldn't be a pacifist.

 

Two, Third Party character one being a DLC and some old retro characters, that are sony owned. Thats what the game should've been more as. More Sony owned games. wheres Ico and Shadow?


Ico and Wander are not in the game because their creators don't want their "art" to be ruined by putting them in this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 47 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/26/2013
Offline
384 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so.....bad?

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Harutoa wrote:

Reptile-Baraka wrote:

Well, this game beats the crap out of SSB. 

 

1. Better characters (and no copy characters, something people don't say enough about).

2. The battle systems for both were unique for their time, but this battle system requires patience, and perfect timing for kills.

3. This game's got more lolz

4. The game is more rewarding to players who play aggressively.  Find someone who's good at SSB, and watch them sidestep, roll and shield as often as or more than they attack.  You won't hit them.

5. This game doesn't require a previous generation's controller to get the full experience.  

 

Overall, this game may seem much more simplistic in its battle system than SSB, however, this is what makes it so appealing in my eyes.  It's similar to my love of Mortal Kombat.


1. I will admit I like PASBR characters alot more than SSBB, but even though smash has alot of copy characters theirs still 30 Characters in the game that aren't clones. Allstars has i think like 21 excluding E.Cole.

2. Yes, but all this ends up doing is just making KC, and having moves like Dante what seems like forever combo filled with cancelling.

 

3. No I wanna give it to Smash their, PLUS I could actually save matches and images of lulzy moments. 

 

4. "4. The game is more rewarding to players who play aggressively."  "2. The battle systems for both were unique for their time, but this battle system requires patience, and perfect timing for kills." Choose one

 

5. Yeah thats Nintendo Fault


For the record, I just think of the Coles as just different versions of the same person.  Not like Ganondorf and C. Falcon, who have nothing to do with each other.

 

Smash doesn't have nearly as much humor involved, unless you consider being able to beat up Ganondorf with Kirby to be that funny.    All Smash has that's really all that humorus are the random glitches, Mr. Resetti and Snake's codecs.  

 

My thoughts on the battle system aren't conflicting, maybe just not clear.  It's more rewarding to be aggressive when it comes to building meter, but you need timing to get the kill.

 

The only thing SSB has on PSAS in my eyes, is my favorite video game character, Solid Snake.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 47 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/26/2010
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so....Bad?

Apr 2, 2013

 

ok wheres http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment Go to Owned franchises and notable properties. They missed some real Classics. I know some of these characters are un obtainble but just weed em out. Their couldve been more our just shout outs. lol

 



Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 47 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/23/2012
Offline
3576 posts
 

Re: Why is this game so....Bad?

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Ok, this just turned into the usual wheres *insert character who can't be obtained or is a dead IP here* whining.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 47 (103 Views)