Survivor
2238 posts

Re: Why reject a 1v1, in 2v1 situation?

May 17, 2013

Yeah, I never give my opponent the option to 1v1. I just want to get the match over with.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 11 of 21 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

May 17, 2013

Sometimes when people do this...they don't even fully back off.  If I come over to their area of the stage...they start attacking me.  If I am confined to an area then the idea doesn't really work that well.

Plus, I used to let people handle a 1v1 but I still want to guarantee a victory.  If my opponent has 2 lives and me and my teammate both have 1...might as well win.

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 12 of 21 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

May 17, 2013
In my defense, when it happened to me, I had no idea what was going on when one stopped and the other attacked. It was only because they had mic's on that I got the challenge.

Otherwise, I thought it was a cruel prank to fight against a black belt Big Daddy and than having to deal with Kratos afterwards. -_-;
Message 13 of 21 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

May 17, 2013

Because people who think they can make up a stupid code of 1v1 after you eliminate another person and force that code upon a community are effing silly. If I eliminate your partner, me and my partner are both going to stomp you into submission. If you don't like that, don't play stocked. I usually don't but when no one else will play timed, I have to play somehow, and I'm not about to give up the upperhand I earned by eliminating your partner.

Message 14 of 21 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1974 posts

May 18, 2013

CaptainFoaley wrote:

I seriously don't understand some people in stock, whenever my friend and I eliminate someone we will allow a 1v1, unless the way they've been playing needs to be punished. However, when we do grant a 1v1 there are some people who think that means they can just get run over then and get AP off of them, when that happens we immediately resume 2v1. Basically what I'm asking is, why are people stupid and think that it's a good idea to attack the person who is backing off?

listen,i hate having to see players go 1v1 when it should be 2v1.

when you matchmake for 2v2, you are making a silent agreement that you are willing to be a user and victim of teamwork. going 1v1 is an insult and it takes so long it is not even worth it. i hate playing long matches and playing 2v1 can be fun. not to mention there is no saying "oh the only reason why you won is because we were nice about double teaming" double teaming is part of 2v2. if you do not like double teaming then you should play free for all, or not stock.

just because someone is at a disadvantage, it doesn't mean you have to even the playing field. as an example, if an army of 200 was fighting an army of 199, the army of 200, won't worry about letting one soldier sit out to balance the numbers.

besides some characters are great at fighting two characters at a time, and some are great at fighting one at a time. so 1v1 is sometimes perfered, and 2v1 is sometimes perfered. i have made it out of 2v1 so many times i really don't care about 1v1. And even if i do end up getting my butt kicked, atleast i took everything full force, i learned and got experience in 2v1, and i came out a better player than wheni entered.

when a match starts and its 2v1 because a player lagged out, i will still attack the player 2v1 if he or she is the one with the disadvantage, and same if i was the one with the disadvantage. its basically already known that the match can't be considered official. so why not brush up on 2v1 or 1v2 skills?

the only time honor should be put into question is when honor is questioned because of spamming moves and not relying on skill. Ever had a sly spam his electric roll? there is nearly no way to counterattac,dodge, or interrupt. the best way to kind of counter is to get away and hope for a better approach.

well anyway my main point is if you have the high ground, good for you, it doesn't mean you have to jump down or bring the other player up. if you want to have a 1v1 with whatever even circumstances you can come up with,then set up a private match. just don't do it in quick matches.

some people like to enjoy each battle to its fullest because they have a hard time connecting to battles. but some people experience this every or close to every other match, it gets annoying, and seeing you have 2 lives, and your opponent has 2 and 3 lives is just spelling out "long match". there is the personal achievement of "i won!" but in the end we are trying to have fun, and conquering the same challenge does indeed get old. i have no idea if i repeated anything that was in the thread but i just saw it and replied.

So did i solve your question?

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 15 of 21 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2179 posts

May 18, 2013

I play with my food before eating it. I always let the opponent 1v1 since I don't want the fight to be too easy..plus I just feel unfair by stomping the opponent. Its my sympathy factor kicking in, considering how many times this has happened to me or how many times I've died and left my partner alone. Call it whatever you want, people play differently from others. But thats just how things are.

Message 16 of 21 (130 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 18, 2013
What? We don't show mercy around these parts, no sir. Anyway I only allow a 1v1 to let the meat get tenderized, then if my partner fails to make a successful barbecue I go in and finish the seasoning
Message 17 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1974 posts

Nov 16, 2013
-bump-
does anymore feel different since 6 months ago?

I still think the whole 1v1 thing in a team mode is the worst thing to happen to our multiplayer community. It still comes off as annoying to me...

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 18 of 21 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3415 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Kat pubscrubs ALWAYS run away and force you to 1v1 because they want to finish the game with a lame debris confirm.

RingingPhoneTelephone Calls 

Satire Extraordinaire!RingingPhone
"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~

...Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 19 of 21 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I only grant 1v1 if it isn't ranked and if their partner disconnected.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 20 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes