Keyblade Wielder
9423 posts

Re: Would you hire SuperBot?

Apr 5, 2013
Hell yes I would hire them. They did a great job coming up with movesets for the characters, stages, and solid game mechanics.

And people who keep saying SB had a poor roster, just stop. With a sequel they might be able to acquire some highly requested characters from reputable companies. While it might not have been the roster YOU wanted, you can't ignore the quality in the characters they made.

I mean, they did get characters from Capcom and Electronic Arts. For those two greedy companies to put their characters in the hands of a developer they have never worked with is impressive. Maybe in a sequel they could've got more third party developers.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 11 of 69 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Like Colin Moriarty said 'they're not f***ing stupid, they would have asked for Crash, for Spyro, for Cloud - they know you wanted them, they also would have wanted them in their game, but legal contracts prevent that'.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 12 of 69 (226 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9423 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Everybody acts like it's SB's fault for not getting them. But Activsion and Square Enix are known for playing hardball.
Message 13 of 69 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Superbot did most the work on this game and to be honest they have done a great job so yes I would hire them again.

Sure some characters I wanted didn't make it yet but this is more to do with the small budget Sony gave this game. Money talks so give other devs the right amount of cash and any character could be put in the game. This has no baring on the skill and talent Superbot have has a team. The gameplay in this game is solid, each character feels unique and most when applicable feel like they do in there respective games. Not sure what more you could want on the gameplay side of things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 69 (218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Sure. SuperBot did an excellent job on this game, and I'm sure they could of done a lot more balancing and bug fixes if they weren't sacked by Sony. While I like Santa Monica and all, I seriously doubt that they'll actually do anything for the game.

'Sides, besides the lack of requested characters they could get easily like Ty, Abe and Dart, I think SuperBot did an excellent job on the roster.

Let's take a moment to consider my mistakes. Ah, who am I kidding? I didn't make any.
-The War Mage (Orcs Must Die!)
Message 15 of 69 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I don't think i would. The super system makes it hard for this to be a pick up and play game for my casual gamer friends. Expecting my non gamer friends to pull off kills with characters like Nariko or Sir Dan is just urrealistic. Fan service is pretty terrible. To be honest i can't believe they gave this game the go ahead without securing a solid roster of classic characters. They brought out a game knowing they would be dissapointing a lot of people. No mention of Crash, Spyro, Croc, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy (Not even a tiny collectable or a title or something). This isn't a nostalgic celebration of the games i grew up playing It's just a pat on the back to sony's current lineup (so many shooter guys). Game starting to annoy me with it's expensive minions, costumes and characters. Attitude towards dlc spoiled the game for me.

Message 16 of 69 (194 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9423 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Parappa, Sir Dan, Spike, Heihachi, Sweet Tooth, and Toro.

What's this about a lack of classic characters?
Message 17 of 69 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 5, 2013

@nasrulez Dont be like that, he was just sharing his views on how disappointed he is that none of his favourite classics were in it, go blame sony because they owned all those characters you want and refuse to share them because they dont care about their fans.

Message 18 of 69 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Apr 5, 2013
'go blame sony because they owned all those characters you want and refuse to share them because they dont care about their fans.'

Wait..whaa ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 69 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Pretty sue i didn't grow up playing toro games. As for the others yeah fine i main Sir Dan even though i never played the medievil games because he's a cool character. I guess i'm not overly excited about playing as heihachi in a fighting game. I'm glad Parappa, Spike and Dan are there but i was never really that aware of those games back when i had a playstation. I just expected if they ever made this game they would bring the A team. I know this is all just my opinion but i do feel like this is the reserves. I guess i just played the wrong games as a kid. And i'm starting to think Crash and Spyro are more likely to end up in a Smash Bros game. I'm sure we all had visions of what this game would be, i'm just a bit dissapointed i guess. (but superbot are a great team none the less, I'm sure they had an uphill battle with this one)

Message 20 of 69 (166 Views)
0 Likes