If I had a choice for who would make Allstars 2:

naughty dog would have it 100%
Message 21 of 69 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Re: Would you hire SuperBot?

Apr 5, 2013
But it's not like they didn't TRY to get them. Blame Activision and blame Square Enix, they are the IP owners. If Superbot could've got them, they would've.

But let's not act like there aren't any classic characters. 6 PS1 characters, that's 1/4 of the roster.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 22 of 69 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 5, 2013
@S-o-h-a-i-l LoL Im being sarcastic, and yes i am mocking I-AM-TOTORO over there for not using the dang searchbar!
Message 23 of 69 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Wait a sec! What! 6 ps1 characters, who are they?

Parappa n sir Dan I thought was just the ps1 characters?
Message 24 of 69 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Check page 2.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 25 of 69 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Ahhh I see
Message 26 of 69 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Wow sorry guys. Just saying if i was making a supercar game and Ferrari, lambourghini and Aston Martin wouldn't let me use their cars i would probably have to rethink. Characters don't break this game for me (it's a cool game) but i expected a game that celebrated playstation. I like how Smash bros filled there game with trophies and stickers with facts about old games and stuff like that. It's a shame so much of playstation is missing from this game. I know about the classic characters i just happen to personally feel like they are the olimars and ice climbers of playstation's old games not the Mario and Zeldas. I know it's not Superbots fault but maybe a bigger studio would have made a game less intersted in being a competetive fighter and more in a love letter to fans (maybe Naughty Dog would have atleast given crash a nod (perhaps an item or easteregg even if it's just implied))

Message 27 of 69 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 5, 2013
@I-AM-TOTORO that's life man, also if Naughty ever dare put any Crash bandicoot reference in the game, it would lead to a $5 million dollar lawsuit! Keep their boundaries to their selfs.
Message 28 of 69 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

The short answer is no.

Superbot made the foundation for a decent fighting game. There are some cool ideas in here, and they didn't have an amazing budget true but there are some things I can't overlook.

First, I'm going to be dead honest here: they didn't playtest the DLC. No company having properly tested characters would release such horribly glitchy messes. And these glitches we have since day one STILL in the game don't help either. SuperBot has very poor quality control. They took an extra month to polish the game and it still has many problems. You don't want the first game of a series to have this many problems, it makes a bunch of people less likely to buy the next game. Attaching SupberBot's name to the next game might actually reduce sales so I'll pass on that one.

Now, let's look at how attentive SuperBot was. Not remotely at all. Through finding some glitching I managed to talk to the one and only clockwork during my time on this forum. I'd mention glitches and he'd say they were fixed! They aren't in the game anymore! Then I'd grab a video recorded yesterday to show him how it was still there AND tell him how it was done. Why do fans know more about this game then people on the team do? 

Which leads me to someone I wouldn't hire for the next game either even though he is SSM. Seth Killian does not deserve to work on the next PSAS title. This latest patch where he was saying glitches were fixed? An absolute lie. So many things are STILL in the game, on top of added glitches too. How could that patch have been playtested with all it added to the game? And there is no way he played it thuroughly to know what is going on. He made a comment recently about him not experiencing this issues when he plays. He obviously doesn't play more then once a month >_> Also, he deletes a TON of tweets with negative responses or trying to call him out on his blatent lies about the patch. Man up and admit you did wrong, you are a disgrace to the world of fightinng game Mr. Killian. Lieing right to our faces isn't cool, then not being man enough to admit you made a mistake is just disgracefull.

In all honesty, getting Naughty Dog to do it might be one of the best ideas for this game. They've brought us many great games over the years, and could sit down to make this game revamped and exciting and to try and actually have some quality control. Bring in a few people who've done some other fighting games for Sony into the ring to help, but NOT Seth or any of the SuperBot employees. This game has some serious design flaws and having SuperBot there that loves its "baby" will lead to more things staying that shouldn't. Sometimes you gotta break off so some people with cold hearts to the game can pick away to actually make the game without it being coddled. 

EDIT: Forgot to add how bad their communication is about this game. It's mind bogglng how bad it is.

Message 29 of 69 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Care to give an example of one of the many tweets Seth has supposedly deleted ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 30 of 69 (153 Views)
0 Likes