Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Re: Would you hire SuperBot?

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
So sadly no screenshots, never thought I'd need to. Figured other fans may have noticed the trend.

Please screen-cap that sort of thing, or it becomes an unusable argument. The vast majority of us either don't want to or don't have the time to follow the twitter feeds of game developers (guys like me rely on guys like you to do that for us).

TANZEB123 wrote:
I honestly think game should have been released this year.

Hard to imagine the budget allowing that. Maybe All-Stars 2 could manage all the bells and whistles people have been asking for though.

Lex_Gamer wrote:
Back to the 2nd post and first reply, lol. I think pretty much this, except the longer dev time, they worked on this game for 3 years, 2 is ideal, and 3 is generous, the problem was they changed their ideas too much before settling on the way it is now, wasted time. Also I'd nail down the roster before pulling in a dev team to save even more time.

Surely neither Santa Monica or SuperBot would have that problem now.

From the sounds of it, most of you are content with hiring the entire team back, while giving veteran designers at Santa Monica a supervisorial position instead of picking and choosing key-members at SuperBot (which means another 2+ years contract). Frankly, that surprises me: I've heard too many glitch complaints (few that I've experience myself) to think that very many people here are that endeared to SuperBot's programmers.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 41 of 69 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8573 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Hate them or love them, you gotta respect the work that went into the characters, stages, and game mechanics.

As for glitches and bugs, I feel like if they had a bigger budget more time and effort could've gone into QA. The game's budget effects every aspect of the game, and if they would've had a larger budget some of the bugs that are so prevalent wouldn't be in the game at all.

And I'm happy SB decided to try to make the game more competitive. Imagine if this game would've went to EVO. That would've drew in a much larger crowd.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 42 of 69 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Seth Killian really doesn't have a lot to do with this game, they've just stuck him with giving out news because his past history with fighting games. He joined Sony Santa Monica when they were really close to being done with this game, he's said a couple times he's working on projects with SSM that aren't fighting games.
And as for the roster, they could've done better If they had more time and a bigger budget. Not saying they could just get crash and spyro but I'm saying they could've got characters people wanted like Abe and then some first party ones.
Also we have no idea why Crash is not in the game, for all we know it was superbots fault(could've been making unreasonable demands), it could be unlikely, but because of these agreements they sign we will never know the exact reason.
Message 43 of 69 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 5, 2013

no, i wouldn't hire them cause they do not know how to finish a game. All stars has SO MANY bugs online! Dropped connections,  audio problems, super glitches, the game would freeze, etc. But I would hire them over stupid santa monica. ssm is biased towards kratos and zeus, and all the other combo friendly characters. How are you gonna buff dante, add broken characters like zeus and isaac, and nerf jak but not kratos and raiden!!! **bleep** is wrong with ssm?! Did they really think jak was as broken as kratos?! 

Message 44 of 69 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Going with a studio as small and inexperienced as superbot was probably the dumbest thing sony could have done They had NO idea how to negotiate They couldn't even check the games for bugs properly and dont even get me started on their terrible interaction with the fans (HUR DUR STAY TUNED) They were given a concept that already had a blueprint on how to succeed but they managed to mess it up anyways

Message 45 of 69 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Apr 5, 2013
SuperBot doesn't deal with negotiations - if I'm not mistaken, they don't have much choice in who is added on the roster either (I'm thinking back to a comment Seth made regarding Zeus' inclusion).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 69 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Apr 5, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
SuperBot doesn't deal with negotiations - if I'm not mistaken, they don't have much choice in who is added on the roster either (I'm thinking back to a comment Seth made regarding Zeus' inclusion).

I don't believe for a second that they don't deal with negotiations I think they were just trying to save face

Message 47 of 69 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Apr 5, 2013
It doesn't work that way, they're a new second party dev team - we wouldn't even have some of the first party characters in if they were left to negotiate fort them.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 48 of 69 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Back to the 2nd post and first reply, lol. I think pretty much this, except the longer dev time, they worked on this game for 3 years, 2 is ideal, and 3 is generous, the problem was they changed their ideas too much before settling on the way it is now, wasted time. Also I'd nail down the roster before pulling in a dev team to save even more time.

Surely neither Santa Monica or SuperBot would have that problem now.

From the sounds of it, most of you are content with hiring the entire team back, while giving veteran designers at Santa Monica a supervisorial position instead of picking and choosing key-members at SuperBot (which means another 2+ years contract). Frankly, that surprises me: I've heard too many glitch complaints (few that I've experience myself) to think that very many people here are that endeared to SuperBot's programmers.

Yeah, I kinda assumed not taking the entire team back was a given. I'd do it liek you said, just didn't think I needed to go into that much detail, but since you brought it up, yeah, like that. :smileyhappy:

Message 49 of 69 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 5, 2013

100% theyve made a great game and i still play everyday, i just feel the advertising wasnt as good as it could have been. While internet gamers and hardcore fans for playstation know about it, the average person doesnt. Also a more active community manager wouldnt be bad either. It doesnt necessarily have to be clockwork but someone on the forums answering questions at least a couple times a week. I still expect a PS4 sequel, honestly i wouldnt be surprised if superbot is actually working on the sequel under wraps. Then about a year or two before the games release they announce that superbot is working on an unannounced PS4 title to get the internet buzzing about the game

Message 50 of 69 (104 Views)
0 Likes