Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: Would you hire SuperBot?

Apr 7, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

In all honesty, getting Naughty Dog to do it might be one of the best ideas for this game. They've brought us many great games over the years, and could sit down to make this game revamped and exciting and to try and actually have some quality control. Bring in a few people who've done some other fighting games for Sony into the ring to help, but NOT Seth or any of the SuperBot employees. This game has some serious design flaws and having SuperBot there that loves its "baby" will lead to more things staying that shouldn't. Sometimes you gotta break off so some people with cold hearts to the game can pick away to actually make the game without it being coddled. 

EDIT: Forgot to add how bad their communication is about this game. It's mind bogglng how bad it is.

Hope if you don't mind me bumping this thread. I couldn't help myself, but I gotta say, be careful what you wish for. Due to my experiences with Uncharted multiplayer and Naughty Dog, it may be not a good idea to hire them.

- They suck at balance.

- They suck at testing the game before the patch. 

- They suck at communication with the fanbase and don't even read the forums other than Neogaf.

- They suck at fixing huge technical issues that have been here at least a year. 

- They suck at compromising with the customers.

- They suck at meeting the deadline for patches.

- They suck at implementing great ideas and concepts for online experiences, such as F2P. 

- They seems reiy on data and causal feedback for balance check. 

- They don't listen to the hardcore crowd directly. 

- They don't play their own game all the time. 

- They love worthless mircotransations because they love money. 

Is this what you want? Uncharted 3 multiplayer had 16 patches, and it's still not even close to a competitive level and a "go-to-multiplayer". It's all because Naughty Dog listened to the wrong kind of crowd and are stubborn. Sigh, it's too bad for them.  

I'm willing to buy The Last of Us because I'm interesting in the game. I guess I can give them a chance with a new multiplayer since the devs team are "different" from UC3 team.

I do understand why you choose ND because they have a big name. They also have higher chance of getting popular reps in the game. The thing is, I thought they only care about the story, the quality, and the graphics. I'm not sure if hiring some fighter professionals can help them building the sequel properly especially the new characters and balance system.

I'm quite against Naughty Dog managing the sequel though. I would give a second chance for Superbot, or maybe a new remarkable bold company?

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 51 of 69 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Probably not, maybe offer some jobs for the best of certain jobs, I would keep Cross-Buy for the Vita, I guess a bit better advertisement, bigger budget. Instead of preset costume colors, the player would be able to manually change each piece of the costume's color on all characters.

Message 52 of 69 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Hell no.

Message 53 of 69 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Apr 7, 2013

TubaDude49 wrote:
Personally, I'd go with the original plan and hire Naughty Dog.

Eh, Im not sure about that. I love them, but they would need to hire some fighting game experts. Especially Seth Killian. But then if Naughty Dog was hired half the roster would be:

Drake

Young Drake

Elena

Chloe

Sully

Lazaravitch

Those creepy monsters from Uncharted 2

Armored shotgun guys

A horse from Uncharted 3

Decendents

A Sand Dune

Sullys Plane

Sullys Mustache

Sullys Cigar

#Reapers
Message 54 of 69 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8475 posts

Apr 7, 2013
But if we're assuming SB is completely out of the question for a sequel, then I'd have Santa Monica make the sequel.

With Seth Killian as Game Director.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 55 of 69 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Not even a dime. What were they doing when they worked on this game? Sitting on their thumbs?
Message 56 of 69 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Unlike most of you guys I actualy like what superbot has created and I think if they had been given more time and resources they couldve made it even more perfect...

Message 57 of 69 (100 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 8, 2013

kupomogli wrote:

Hell no.

Somehow I knew you'd show up eventually.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 58 of 69 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

So thinking about it, I'd hire Omar Kendall, Chan Park, Maj, Ed Ma and Clock, because they've become a part of PSASBR lore at this point. They could all be all be general consultants and combat designers.

If it weren't for Omar, there wouldn't be anywhere near as much fanservice for Tekken.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 59 of 69 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 10, 2013

If i brought any of the old SB team back, it would be very little. Mainly jsut the sound department, but other than that.. noone else.

Sony Santa Monica simply has a bigger name- people are more willing to lend them rights, as well as having a bigger budget in general.

Message 60 of 69 (69 Views)
0 Likes