Jul 22 2013
By: SuperPiposaru Treasure Hunter 7448 posts

Ya' know what? I'm fine with this! (Sorta)

7 replies 194 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

I know that I've, been just as sad as just about everyone else about the Stage cancellation and other stuff. But ya' know what, even though we have a bunch of things we'll probably never get, atleast we can still play the game as is. Atleast the game wasn't cancelled. I'm not gonna try and change what anyone else thinks. But I'm glad I can atleast play this game. Except, you know, they could get SuperBot back........

Signature.png

Message 1 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Re: Ya' know what? I'm fine with this! (Sorta)

Jul 22, 2013
True we need to convince Sony to bring back Superbot , SSM doesn't understand Superbot's code and then rage quit and scrap all those months of work done by Superbot .
Message 2 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013
I agree. These campaigns will not do anything. We are too few in number and our wallets are not full enough.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
leostrike3 wrote:
True we need to convince Sony to bring back Superbot , SSM doesn't understand Superbot's code and then rage quit and scrap all those months of work done by Superbot .

Umm...no. SB was the one that left us a broken game in the first place. And so little content. I love the game to death, but we cannot just start praising SB for a shaky foundation.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jul 22, 2013
@Bob so umm who's going to take over? SSM doesn't want to do anything to help support the game except to try make a few GoW:A cash (which failed) SB left due to a finished contract with Sony(if they got renewed I'd bet they'd put more patches to the game) but now they're officially gone , who's there?
Message 4 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Jul 22, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:
@Bob so umm who's going to take over? SSM doesn't want to do anything to help support the game except to try make a few GoW:A cash (which failed) SB left due to a finished contract with Sony(if they got renewed I'd bet they'd put more patches to the game) but now they're officially gone , who's there?

So..they release a broken game and deserve praise for it? SURELY they would have patched it! I mean, SSM is the one that is terrible! It is not like SB was being hated on for so long after the game release. Oh wait. We cannot assume they would have done any better. 

You mentioned knowing their code. SSM helped develop the game. They know the code. And they obviously knew enough of the code to finish and implement characters, stages, and patches. 

Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Jul 22, 2013
@Bob let's say we worked at a tailor shop, you make a pants while i took notes of it , then you made the pants pretty extraordinary ,someone buys it , later you leave to another tailor shop and the person returns it with a tear in the pants. so it is up to me to fix that problem but say I tried to fix the pants a little like your way but failed , I got frustrated and ripped the pants to shreds.That's the same relationship between SSM and SB over PSASBR.
Message 6 of 8 (136 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Jul 22, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:
@Bob let's say we worked at a tailor shop, you make a pants while i took notes of it , then you made the pants pretty extraordinary ,someone buys it , later you leave to another tailor shop and the person returns it with a tear in the pants. so it is up to me to fix that problem but say I tried to fix the pants a little like your way but failed , I got frustrated and ripped the pants to shreds.That's the same relationship between SSM and SB over PSASBR.

You had something going there with that analogy. There are several poblems with it.

SSM has not torn up the pants./ You can only argue that their patchwork was shoddy. Also, SSM knows how to program. They are professional tailors. SB was the new meat. No notes were taken.

Even then, I would argue that the entire analogy is faulty because there is no proof that the code is the problem. They have patched the game before and they can patch it again. PAtching it well is based on fighting mechanics and balancing, not coding. 

Message 7 of 8 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Jul 22, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:

You missed Pip's whole point, can we not force every thread into being this same debate please?  It's depressing to say the least.

I'm happy with the game so far to, I will continue to play and get better until I'm bored of it, and no lack of DLC or support will change that (even if the servers shut down, I've still got to complete those combat trials and goals, get everyone 999 and play with friends).

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 8 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes