Message 11 of 17 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Re: good cole is op

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

Aquoon wrote:

Breaker_Ki wrote:

Cole is OP, but not for the reasons listed.

Lots of people can confirm there level 1's.  Cole is fortunate to have more than 1 viable level confirm.  Furthermore, his level 1 is quick and has a fairly large hit box.  The fact that this super only costs 125 AP is what makes it broken.  It should be in the 150 AP category with Raiden. AGREE

Also, after the level 3 buff, his L3 is as good as 750 AP supers, but only costs 675.  DISAGREE, hes lvl 3 is slow and totally avoidable with characters with teleport.

Lastly, if your concerned about any of his moves, it should be the ice jump.  The ice jump makes Cole extremely mobile and generates 20 AP and can be comboed for 55 AP to 75 AP without any risk.  Jak's jet board gives him similar mobility but only give 5 AP... DISAGREE, while i think its a strong move, reducing its ap gaing is not gonna solve the combo problem, maybe a nerf to 15 or 10 to make it fair, but for the combos there is required another change.

I say this about the ice jump because I main Cole, and if I want to, I can just Ice jump and grenade to level 3 in about 1 minute...  I personally perfer to do melee combos, but he is way better at spamming.

I dont main g cole, but sometimes i take him for fun, to me there is 2 essential moves they need to change, his lvl 1 ap cost and hit box and his hook(that aerial forward square) hit box.

His level 3 is slow but captures anyone on the screen.  Very few players can teleport so this is irrelevant.  Plus, it can go for two rounds so an AP increase would be nice.

Plus, I've seen them activate it when players are more in the center or one side (versus scattered) which is an easy way to capture and save time.

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2126 posts

Jun 7, 2013

neilp4453 wrote:

Aquoon wrote:

Breaker_Ki wrote:

Cole is OP, but not for the reasons listed.

Lots of people can confirm there level 1's.  Cole is fortunate to have more than 1 viable level confirm.  Furthermore, his level 1 is quick and has a fairly large hit box.  The fact that this super only costs 125 AP is what makes it broken.  It should be in the 150 AP category with Raiden. AGREE

Also, after the level 3 buff, his L3 is as good as 750 AP supers, but only costs 675.  DISAGREE, hes lvl 3 is slow and totally avoidable with characters with teleport.

Lastly, if your concerned about any of his moves, it should be the ice jump.  The ice jump makes Cole extremely mobile and generates 20 AP and can be comboed for 55 AP to 75 AP without any risk.  Jak's jet board gives him similar mobility but only give 5 AP... DISAGREE, while i think its a strong move, reducing its ap gaing is not gonna solve the combo problem, maybe a nerf to 15 or 10 to make it fair, but for the combos there is required another change.

I say this about the ice jump because I main Cole, and if I want to, I can just Ice jump and grenade to level 3 in about 1 minute...  I personally perfer to do melee combos, but he is way better at spamming.

I dont main g cole, but sometimes i take him for fun, to me there is 2 essential moves they need to change, his lvl 1 ap cost and hit box and his hook(that aerial forward square) hit box.

His level 3 is slow but captures anyone on the screen.  Very few players can teleport so this is irrelevant.  Plus, it can go for two rounds so an AP increase would be nice.

Plus, I've seen them activate it when players are more in the center or one side (versus scattered) which is an easy way to capture and save time.

Rarely does it get more than 5 kills, and on maps such as stowaway it can get as little as 3, it is fine the way it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

I agree, he needs major nerfs to pretty much all his moves. 

Actually balancing him would take so much work he should probably just be removed at this point. 

photo raidenwillyoubemine2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (108 Views)
Survivor
2126 posts

Jun 7, 2013

ELlTEWARG0D wrote:
Why does he even need his level 3 when he can just spam and run then kill confirm into his lvl1. Cole's almost as unapproachable as kat is because of all his confims and anti-air super.

Cole does poorly under pressure. That is where you should be putting him, he does not do well under pressure or good oki setups.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Only gets 5 kills... 3 on large maps... That sounds like most 750 supers. In fact , its better than most since you can't dodge it
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2126 posts

Jun 7, 2013

ELlTEWARG0D wrote:
It's pretty hard to put a character under pressure who can zone like Cole can. He has multiple ways to get away and his lvl 1's hitbox is ridiculously large compared to other anti airs like jaks or dans. It was better when he could be hit out of it with weaker attacks.

Certain characters vs cole is a bad mu yes, but it isn't impossible. The trick is to bait out the getaway options he has and punish accordingly from there. Cole is very very vulnerable to good tech chasing.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (84 Views)
0 Likes