Jun 12 2013
By: WarWeeny First Son 3 posts

guess i am a little late to the party?

[ Edited ]
18 replies 337 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

i was looking into this game and now that it is 15 euro i was thinking about buying it, but i read so much negative news on here, is it even worth it to get into the game anymore?

some negative news i saw:

ssm not supporting the game anymore (dont know what, but i saw balances and whatnot)

broken characters

some characters way to nerved to even begin for competitve play

people leaving the community

i hope i can get a clear view of this, because it would be a waste of money if the game isnt really active anymore after a month or 2...

Message 1 of 19 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Re: guess i am a little late to the party?

Jun 12, 2013
Don't let the trolls and less than enthusiastic comments sway you away from a good game. You determine if you like it by playing it and seeing the positives before you get on the negatives.
Message 2 of 19 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jun 12, 2013
It's a great game, but as with any multiplayer game, the community is by far the worst part. I suggest you try the demo out, if there is one, or buy it used to try it out. That way if you don't like it you can trade it in within a week for a refund, and if you do you can buy the online pass or trade it in and use the refund to buy it new (whichever's cheaper)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 19 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 12, 2013
well i am going to get it on the vita (my mom has claimed my ps3 and i am not living with my mom anymore) and the only way i can get it for 15 euro is digital, so lending or trying out a demo is, sadly, not an option.

i doubt i wont like the game, i am a fan of fighting games and already have doa5+ for my vita (still training like hell, i suck balls at the moment xD)

but if i am not mistaken divinepaladin27, the community (aka this forum for example) isnt really good to go to for discusions etc?

i like it when there are alot of people discussing a game in-depth and maybe holding forum tournaments for example, that way the game would live so much longer.

hope to get an answer Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 19 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Message 5 of 19 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jun 12, 2013
This game is awesome, dont let ppl make your own oppinion, try it yourself.
Message 6 of 19 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Jun 12, 2013
the fighting is simply just punch some one for super and supers only way to take someone out......big disappointment because can't die by falling.
Message 7 of 19 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Sure, PSASBR has its cons. If it isn't the other players mocking you, it's probably the match-making server, some characters are overpowered where others take ages to master, etc. But then again, such things will always be said of a competitive fighting game. Fact of the matter is, if I didn't yet have it and had 15 bucks to spend, I'd recommend this game to myself. It's definitely worth it.

We will SMITE the invaders from our skies!
Message 8 of 19 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jun 12, 2013

WarWeeny wrote:
well i am going to get it on the vita (my mom has claimed my ps3 and i am not living with my mom anymore) and the only way i can get it for 15 euro is digital, so lending or trying out a demo is, sadly, not an option.

i doubt i wont like the game, i am a fan of fighting games and already have doa5+ for my vita (still training like hell, i suck balls at the moment xD)

but if i am not mistaken divinepaladin27, the community (aka this forum for example) isnt really good to go to for discusions etc?

i like it when there are alot of people discussing a game in-depth and maybe holding forum tournaments for example, that way the game would live so much longer.

hope to get an answer Smiley Happy

This forum isn't the best place for that kind of discussion (it's alright but it's been going downhill recently due to random flaming and whining), but there are many other forums for PSAS.  Ayla's Place is good for tournaments and such, and I doubt Ayla's gonna let that forum die on him.  PAStadium, pardon me plugging a site which I'm a mod on, is good for general discussion and casual games.  All-Stars Arena, if it's still up, is a good place to discuss tactics and such.  There are a lot of places to go for discussion, but the community is a whole is the problem with this game, as I noted.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 9 of 19 (264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Don't buy it. Run. Just run as fast as you can in the other direction.

Message 10 of 19 (261 Views)
0 Likes