Jul 20 2011
By: Awesomeness_Jr First Son 10 posts

Infinity Blade 2 Concept For Playstation Move

6 replies 862 views Edited Jul 20, 2011

Okay, the Playstation Move isn't exactly been "dominating" the gaming community (and neither is the Kinect, but that was a failed project from the start) and I think I might have the perfect solution they can redeem the Playstation Move's potential.

Infinity Blade 2

Some people could see this as sketchy, but consider what the gameplay can be like with the Playstation Move. In the next few paragraphs, I'll explain a few gameplay concepts that could fit into the Infinity Blade franchise. The game SHOULD be played with two Move controllers, as it'll be explained why in the next few paragraphs.

Gameplay Concept No.1: Core Battles

For those who have already played Infinity Blade, this would be pretty obvious, but the core gameplay of Infinity Blade 2 should be based around the 1v1 gladiator duel gameplay. Core gameplay should be similar, since it is addicting and fun. (Don't fix what's not broken) This should be done with one Move controller as the weapon, and the other Move controller as the shield. Simple gameplay, swing and block, attack and block respectively. In Infinity Blade, two dodge buttons were part of the gameplay (left and right) which can be inputted on the left and right Move triggers respectively. Special attack and magic were also incorporated into the gameplay as well, which can be activated by either the Move buttons. The 'stab' attack in Infinity Blade 1 can be activated by just a stabbing gesture with the Move controller.

Now this is where the interesting part comes in for the core gameplay. With the Move controller's accurate movement, attack damage should be based on the force of the swing (as well as the attack damage level on the weapon). Parry was also a ability in Infinity Blade, and can be done if the Move controller if the swing gesture was against the movement of the enemy's swing. However, the interval between when the enemy is parried and until the enemy recovers is judged by the force of the parry.

An option I would consider implementing into the core gameplay is a different effect of the special attack. In Infinity Blade 1, the special attack would just stun the enemy for a while allowing for free hits. What I'm suggesting is that the special attack leads to a cinematic combo attack similar to that in the Gladiators Duel in Sports Champions, where after the first hit, a series of commands are shown and that the player must swing in the direction that is shown, leading to a massive combo damage.

Gameplay Concept No.2: Special Missions

The only "real" problem that was found in Infinity Blade 1 was that the gameplay was too repetitive, too much of the core gameplay. Since Infinity Blade 2 should be an adventure game, other gameplay elements should be included to fit in with the setting to vary the gameplay. Such things include:

1. Swimming - A water level would be nice, swimming gestures are a nice touch.

2. Archery - Castles are awesome, so is defending them, defending a castle with your sharp archery skills would be heaps fun.

3. Casting Magic - Creating magic by waving a wand was poorly done in Harry Potter, Infinity Blade 2 should use it's magic casting for solving puzzles and advancing through the story. (e.g casting light to lit up a dark room, casting fire to burn down tall vegetation, casting ice to create a pathway on water).

4. Interactive Cinematics - God of War had them, Heavy Rain had them, Infinity Blade 2 should have them as well. Swing in the right direction (e.g. swinging downwards to execute an enemy) or using the correct gestures (e.g using a sprinting gesture to avoid a certain death trap).

Gameplay Concept No.3: Basic movement and interactions

Basic movement and interaction can be easily done with two Playstation Move controllers. Using whatever preferred setup is is right for you, I'll be assuming that you are right handed (where the right hand is the weapon). Moving should be done in a tank like motion, by holding the Move button on the weapon's controller and moving forward. Turning the Move controller left or right will turn your character left or right. Vibrating the controller while moving allows your character to run. The shield Move controller should be used to freely move the camera around. By holding the Move button on the shield Move controller, and moving the controller around, the camera should following the pointer of the Move controller. Holding the Move button and making a 'pull back' gesture should make your character do a 180-turn. Pressing X on either Move controller should bring up the character menu, and O should be more of a quick-list feature, to switch between your magic. Making a upward gesture while moving should allow your character to jump forward. And for interactions, point and press the trigger (alternatively, the trigger and Move button functions can be switched if preferred).

Well, that's about it, a way for the Playstation Move to gain it's full potential. Hope Sony, Chair Entertainment or even Epic Games notice this, cause it would be a great game. And if it does get decided to go into development, please let me be the gameplay director, or at least the gameplay supervisor. Because this concept was mine, and it's awesome.

P.S If this is a big surprise to any of you, I'm only 16.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Infinity Blade 2 Concept For Playstation Move

Jul 21, 2011

Dude I totally agree and I was thinking almost the same exact thing also I had my own ideas for it. I love Infinity blade and I got the true ending and that game needs to promote itself on PS3 or a new blockbuster film that's even better then avatar.

Add me on PSN: DB_shotgun

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 21, 2011

P.S. I love your ideas lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 27, 2011

Thanks, felt that the Playstation Move needed a way to redeem its full potential. Games like Sports Champions and MAG use it well, but games like Racket Sports? Kung Fu Rider?

What were they thinking....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 12, 2011

More Gameplay Concepts =D

So last night I was thinking about the post I made above explaining about the gamplay concepts, and I came up with some more. Something to add to make Infinity Blade 2 feel new and fresh.

Dual-Wielding Weapons: Weapons only designated for dual wielding. Each Move controller is used as a sword. Only parries and dodging may be used to avoid incoming attacks. Parries can be used with both weapons. Blocking is exhanged for aggressive attacks.

Shield Bash: A ability to bash your opponent with your shield and temporarily stun your opponent. Activated by making a punching gesture with the shield controller. Once used, the ability is unavailable until it has recharged. The power of the stun (how long your opponent will be stunned after the shield bash) is based on the force or speed of the punch gesture from the controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Truer words have never been spoken. And i had a few odeas of my own.

The whole idea is great but i think Playstation should just work with ChAIR to create an entirely new infinity blade game with a much longer, interactive, and indepth storyline. also for this new game, there should be some other new features besides those that you have thought of, such as: a more detailed character and weapon customization sytem. not just choosing yyour armor and weapons, but a wider variety of armor and weapons. with upgradeable atributes such as lightning ice fire ect. and color customization would be a nice touch. but players should be able to choose what abilities his/her weapon gets and upgrade its abilities. All of th players decisions should also affect his/her destiny and also what upgrades, weapons, armor, ect . will become available for him/her.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2012

I'm resurecting this thread! More love for the Move! My concepts are, well make a serious gamer's game.

Continue with The Fight: Lights Out mechanic and apply that to like a Fight Night game for boxing. It tracks movement perfectly so why not put that engine into another fighting game.

Archery mechanic- Use the Sports Champions archery mechanic and add it into a hunting game. Cabella already has the shooting portion of the game down, so why not add bow hunting and spear fishing.

The move controller itself- Tilt it upright and it looks like a gear shifter. It could be used as flight controls in a WWII style dog fighting game. And the navagation controller could be used to fire off different sorts of rockets, etc. And it could be used in regular street racing games as well

Star Wars - It is a wonder to me why the move hasnt been used to create a lightsabre wielding game already

God of War/InFamous style. Not just waving the thing, but actually doing the motion to throw a lightning grenade or swing Kratos's blades Like hold the trigger swing, then release = Blade slash. An Indianna Jones could be created with the same concept.

Whack a Mole- Silly idea, but it could definitly be created and sold on PSN. And I'm 23 and I would still enjoy smashing moles w/ a hammer.

Going on the whack a mole idea. Maybe a game where you you could just run around and break and destroy stuff.It would be a great stress reliever. Like smashing up a car, breaking windows with bricks, smashing tv's. More or less all the stuff you would get arrested for in real life.

Sports game integration- I see it is already in the MLB the show and Tiger Woods games as well, but it could be ued for hockey, football,

Or just other stuff like on this tech demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uF_fasPphc

I think the surface of what the Move can do hasnt been scratched yet, I love it and I would lreally like to see it be more utilized

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (862 Views)
0 Likes