Survivor
2241 posts

Re: 10:17 AM - OUT OF KUDOS, AGAIN!

Jan 24, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

A bit off-topic but what's the Final Boss rank? Is it a special rank or is it the rank after Limitbreaker?

yes, Final Boss is the next rank after Limitbreaker. its the first rank of the 5th and last tier. not sure what post count it happens at, all i know is its somewhere between 24,000 and 28,000. Smiley Very Happy

EVANGELIST1.png Final Boss

EVANGELIST2.png VP of Gaming

EVANGELIST3.png Shinra Executive

EVANGELIST4.png Platinum

Wouldn't it be logical that there is a fifth rank? All other tiers have a 5th too. But maybe nobody has reached that yet because the number of posts and kudos you need would be insane.

Signature02.png

Message 41 of 61 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 24, 2013

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Creating a thread causes me to run out of KUDOS even faster!

To anyone posting in a thread of my creation, I usually give out a Kudos, just for responding.  That is unless your response is so out of line or detrimental to the conversation.  For that reason, I may not get to everyone who responds, which is not a negative reflection on the posts I don't KUDOS.  I just don't have any left to give.Smiley Sad

Now waiting for 24 Hour period for the KUDOS Flood to be lifted.

Moble

Message 42 of 61 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33679 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
Whew Smiley Surprised Thats a lot, Limit breaker will take years already. Platinum would be around 50k then. But it's not only posts right? Kudos and solutions authored count too if I'm not mistaken.

Correct Heilke, there are a umber fo factors involved, Kudos given/received being one, as well as posts made, correct answers authored & others.

by looking at the profiles of users who have those high ranks, it doesnt look like Kudos play a large role, if any.

the only factors i know for a fact that effect ranks is post count, account age and page views.

and much like the past Lithium ranking system, im sure theres a line somewhere where the only factors that matter become post counts. oh, and kudos dident effect the past Lithium ranking system.

people always make the ranking system seem more complex than it really is.

Message 43 of 61 (202 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I do think the KUDOS per 24 hour amount should be increased.

I actually like the ideas of either a rank based "raise" or have roll over Kudos.  As I have said in this thread already, I am not here on most weekends, so when I come back on Mondays there is a lot to read, and a lot of KUDOS deserving posts.  As well, when I create a thread, I like to give most respondents at least one KUDOS each, just for participating.

Am I "loose" with the KUDOS?  Yes, from time to time.  I understand, some members are deliberate with theirs, but I like to give credit for Witt, humor, insight, helpfulness, or even if the post just makes me smile.

I am sure their would probably be some long explanation as to why the limit was set at 25.  Just the same, I would not mind seeing it increased, even if it is only to 35 per 24 hours.

Moble

Message 44 of 61 (188 Views)
Survivor
2241 posts

Jan 25, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:
Whew Smiley Surprised Thats a lot, Limit breaker will take years already. Platinum would be around 50k then. But it's not only posts right? Kudos and solutions authored count too if I'm not mistaken.

Correct Heilke, there are a umber fo factors involved, Kudos given/received being one, as well as posts made, correct answers authored & others.

by looking at the profiles of users who have those high ranks, it doesnt look like Kudos play a large role, if any.

the only factors i know for a fact that effect ranks is post count, account age and page views.

and much like the past Lithium ranking system, im sure theres a line somewhere where the only factors that matter become post counts. oh, and kudos dident effect the past Lithium ranking system.

people always make the ranking system seem more complex than it really is.

Well it must be something, I come across a lower rank with more posts quite often when I'm just rank up.

Signature02.png

Message 45 of 61 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51195 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

I know I've raised this before but I'm going to do so again.

It's only 10.17am on Sunday morning & I am apparently already out of Kudos to give out, I have three things to say...

1. Should the Kudos limit be raised for some people, perhaps depending on certain criteria?

2. Could Kudos be 'banked' (as someone else has suggested), like stacked for a day or so?

3. Should the limit be raised generally for all.

Yes I know some of you will reiterate again as you did last time that I'm too generous, it's my nature, we all give a Kudos for different reasons, I'm more 'liberal' (ooohhh I hate that word lol) with mine, it's just my way.

Finally I'd like to apologize for anyone that makes me laugh today, gives a great answer or just deserves a Kudos, because you won't be getting any from me!

As an MVP on the sony forums I agree with you.  People really really like it when a shiny blue name with a red trophy symbol drops kudos on their posts, c'mon give us 50 forum gods!   Smiley Tongue

Don't give the MVPs unlimited though, i will hand out way too many if you do as I tend to kudos things that:

1) make me smile

2) agree with my opinion

3) answer another poster's question

4) show me something i didn't know

5) makes a great point

and more Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 61 (174 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I didn't even know their was a limit in a days time. 25 in a 24 hour period thats an interesting number scheme if you do one an hour, in theory you should never run out because the time will elapse.  

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 47 of 61 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35912 posts

Jan 27, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

I didn't even know their was a limit in a days time. 25 in a 24 hour period thats an interesting number scheme if you do one an hour, in theory you should never run out because the time will elapse.  

One an hour, geezzz I could do my 25 in an hour, very EASILY too some days depending what's happening on here.

Message 48 of 61 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 27, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

One an hour, geezzz I could do my 25 in an hour, very EASILY too some days depending what's happening on here.

Somedays i might look thru all of the form topics, but i rarely find any good posts that are geared towards my Kudo's. I try to do atleast 3-5 a day

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 49 of 61 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35912 posts

Jan 29, 2013

5pm & I'm out of Kudos, AGAIN!

Message 50 of 61 (94 Views)