Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 03 2012
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2976 posts

Anyone ever get mad at you for who you gave Kudo's to?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 175 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

I had that happen to me last night. I won't go into details about what the topic was or anything like that. But I gave this one person Kudo's and then this other person sent me a pm later and freaking out saying "Why would you agree with that loser!?!" I mean this guy isn't even my friend or anything and I didn't even reply to the person I gave Kudo's to. I just gave Kudo's where I thought it was nessesary. So since when is it a crime to do that? I think who I give kudos to is my own business and no one else's Is this guy so obsessed with the forums and who agrees with what that he has to stalk other people's profiles to find out who gave kudos to whom? Anyone ever had this happen to them? I hope I'm posting this in the right forums lol. I bet this guy will respond to this topic too since he probably will be checking up on me lol.

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 9 (175 Views)
MVP Support
11504 posts

Re: Anyone ever get mad at you for who you gave Kudo's to?

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience. If someone is bothering you via private messages here in the PlayStation Community Forums then simply go to his or her profile and choose to “Ignore” him or her (this option is under Contact to the right of Recent Posts on a profile). If you choose to “Ignore” someone then he or she will not be able to send you private messages here in the PlayStation Community Forums.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 2 of 9 (166 Views)
VP of Gaming
29587 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I had that happen to me last night. I won't go into details about what the topic was or anything like that. But I gave this one person Kudo's and then this other person sent me a pm later and freaking out saying "Why would you agree with that loser!?!" I mean this guy isn't even my friend or anything and I didn't even reply to the person I gave Kudo's to. I just gave Kudo's where I thought it was nessesary. So since when is it a crime to do that? I think who I give kudos to is my own business and no one else's Is this guy so obsessed with the forums and who agrees with what that he has to stalk other people's profiles to find out who gave kudos to whom? Anyone ever had this happen to them? I hope I'm posting this in the right forums lol. I bet this guy will respond to this topic too since he probably will be checking up on me lol.

Hey Bobsfed,

I'll start by saying that this did kind of happen to me, not to the extreme that it did to you, but anyway I had someone PM me saying why did I give this person Kudos, I told him I agreed with the point they were making & so thought the post in question deserved a Kudos, they disagreed with me, I started off by trying to explain why I thought it deserved Kudos, then I gave up, for two reasons, firstly because the conversation wasn't going anywhere & secondly I do not have to explain my actions to them, as it happens it appears that the person in question has now been suspended or banned from the Forums!

So long as it's not "Kudos abuse", something that has been discussed at great length lately by a number of people I think we should be allowed to give Kudos to whomever we want to, furthermore it is not for us to justify who we give Kudos to or why, it is our decision & ours alone.

Yesterday I received a Kudos for a picture I posted, did it deserve it?, I don't know, I thought the picture was funny as did the person who Kudoe'd me, some would disagree, some only think a Kudos is deserved if it meets certain criteria in that persons mind, that's ok too, what I'm trying to say is we all have different reasons why we think a post deserves a Kudos, that's the way it should be & we should be allowed to do so freely.

Message 3 of 9 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
2976 posts

Sep 4, 2012

It almost sound like we're talking about the same person Brit lol. But I too tried to explain my reasoning for giving this person Kudos and it's simply because I agree with them. I added this person to my ignore list afterwards too. But I don't think who you give Kudo's to should ever be questioned. It's your choice who you give kudos to and no one else's. And I don't think there's anyway of taking them back lol. But I'm going to give you both kudos for responding to this post. I just hope I don't recieve any angry hate mail because of it. :manvery-happy:

bobs fed signature
Message 4 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29587 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

It almost sound like we're talking about the same person Brit lol. But I too tried to explain my reasoning for giving this person Kudos and it's simply because I agree with them. I added this person to my ignore list afterwards too. But I don't think who you give Kudo's to should ever be questioned. It's your choice who you give kudos to and no one else's. And I don't think there's anyway of taking them back lol. But I'm going to give you both kudos for responding to this post. I just hope I don't recieve any angry hate mail because of it. :manvery-happy:

Maybe it was lol.

I have only 2 people on ignore, the person I referred to in my post above & another for somewhat similar reasons.

Kudos is as we have both said a decision only we can make, we do not have to justify it to anyone, period.

A while ago when the Forums went back to Lithium I recall seeing post & someone said there was a way to take Kudos back, but I can't find the post/Thread now, perhaps a Moderator could confirm if indeed there is a way to rescind Kudos given, even if only because we hit the wrong button lol?

Message 5 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2976 posts

Sep 5, 2012

I have a few people on ignore. Sometimes the trolls in the forums look like they're going to be trouble so I make sure to put those particular people on my ignore list. One time also I added a friend on here in Home. But he didn't seem as cool on there. He was constantly sending me messages and telling me about his girl troubles and I also found out he was really young. So I deleted him from my friends list but then he sent me another friend invite, so I blocked him on Home and on here. It's just better that way. Not that I'm a mean person or anything but I just met this guy and he was way too depressing. I go on Home to have fun and not listen to people's problems.

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I agree that we should be able to kudo who & how we want (granted there is no "abuse" as mentioned earlier).

Actually you can take them back. Click the "options" link in top right corner of the post, and select "Revoke My Kudo's". :smileywink:

Race how you expect to be raced.
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 7 of 9 (98 Views)
VP of Gaming
29587 posts

Sep 12, 2012

DaletonaDave wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

I agree that we should be able to kudo who & how we want (granted there is no "abuse" as mentioned earlier).

Actually you can take them back. Click the "options" link in top right corner of the post, and select "Revoke My Kudo's". :smileywink:

I was reminded of this the other week when i mentioned it to someone, I'd forgotten where it was!

Message 8 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32881 posts

Sep 13, 2012

I give kudos rather sparingly.  If someone blows me away with awesomeness or helps out tremendously, I will kudo them.  I'm rarely anywhere near the borderline between "meh OK post" and "kudo abuse".

Message 9 of 9 (67 Views)