Mar 05 2013
By: havocsarmy Fender Bender 3987 posts

Archives.

6 replies 212 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

I used to post in Movies & TV Shows and Game Bargains among other threads.

Can a Mod or someone please explain why they are locked?

Also an Entertainment Section would be nice.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27891 posts

Re: Archives.

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Obviously a Moderator, Manager or MVP can feel free to come by to tell me I'm completely wrong lol,  but it was as far as I know it was done, at least in part anyway, as a way of making the Forums a little easier to navigate & at the same time close some of the more redundant Threads & making the Off-Topic more a catch all kind of area.

It was done when we moved from Jive back to Lithium.

Havoc, I think I have seen said that if someone has a specific Thread or locked area they would like resurrecting the Moderators & Managers will look into it for us to see if it's viable.

You might want to have this Thread moved to the Forum Information & Help Forum?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46812 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

The archives are always locked BUT if you see a thread in the archives you think should be brought out, unlocked, and put back in the active forum let me know via PM with links and I'll TRY to get someone to move it for you. 

It was part of the migrations, everything got archived and...as brit said...some was left there for streamlining.   (For example my trophy points thread I ended up remaking).   The mods have been good about pulling a few things out for me already so, like I said, feel free to inbox me with a link or two and I'll find out which mod to ask. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Mar 13, 2013

What about stuff that is missing out of the Archives even? Any way to bring them back by messaging MODs? Cause I have tried... and I have been told that some of them are non exsistant... yet I know and many others know that they were there at one time...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8671 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Movies & TV Shows was one of the best forums here.

Obviously the mod's don't care about our opinion & just do what they want. Another reason these forums have been going downhill FAST.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4314 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Patchex wrote:

What about stuff that is missing out of the Archives even? Any way to bring them back by messaging MODs? Cause I have tried... and I have been told that some of them are non exsistant... yet I know and many others know that they were there at one time...

If there's an archived thread that you want returned, you can report it and a mod will review it.  If you can't find it you can try sending a PM to PSForumMods or a particular mod if you like, and they can review your request.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (142 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Patchex wrote:

If there's an archived thread that you want returned, you can report it and a mod will review it.  If you can't find it you can try sending a PM to PSForumMods or a particular mod if you like, and they can review your request.

Hi tempest_fire...

I did that in the past yet the Threads are gone and can not be found... I understand they are gone at this point, Yet is there a reason why? How can a thread just go Poof... For some reason I thought that was impossible... 

They were VLR threads from the Xi game and related stuff... 

A few were in April of 09, and threw Oct. of 09... and Others were scattered threw 2010. In total I know of atleast 6 or 7 threads that are gone... And if I participated in that many that are gone, how many others might be missing...

On the other hand I still have atleast one thread I asked MODs to Delete Several times and it was not...

Recently I recieved a notice that I had won poster of the week, and the person I delt with was very polite and very professional. I asked them to do something that seemed odd... yet they did it politely and I appreciated it. I asked them to remove the post I had made for them for the purpose of the Poster of the week thead, and the reason I did was because the poster of the week thread is only posted in by one person... Not being able to edit my response made me feel uncomfortable. Even though that person seemed very nice and understanding, I do not know if the next person that takes control of that job will be like the one who is doing it now... 

I think that making a thread like that one by editing the OP every week and posting weekly by the author would be good and allowing the poster of the week to make the interaction by posting along side the OP writter would be a better solution. I only say this because Human error or other variables coudl always make lost in translation mistakes... 

and example of what I think would be a better solution is the unoffical club thread... here is a link... the person updates the OP yet the Club folks and such still get to Post... 

I know that if might be more work, and I also know that some might make it difficult at times, yet at the same time I feel that the MOD's, MVP's, and Devs Posting Side by side instead of One over the Other is a better solution, and makes people who are here feel more as if they are part of the community rather then just a product of the community. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Unofficial-Club-List-Last-Updated-3-9-13-Add...

I am sending you a link to the thread I asked to be removed several times, cause it was easy to find, as you can see I have not edited it in a very long time and it is still there, yet other things that should not have been taken down are not even in the archives... I just don't understand why. Yet I know that the interaction I have had recently with Mod's and Such have been polite and professional. 

Also here is a Link to a Thread where the issues Started... the Thread I refer to is Missing completely. Sadly the several times I tried to get it reposted and Unlocked were unsolved...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Why-did-my-thread-get-locked/m-p/15323284#M1...

I have also noticed another odd thing... the recent Poster of the Week I receved was not the first time I had been poster of the week... the other Poster of the Week posts I made are gone... There was an event and I posted about that event and they gave me poster of the week for my posts in that thread yet the entire thread is gone... I am not sure why... it was polite and informative and also it was HOME and Game related... it was a Capcom meet up thread for game launching in PS HOME... I am not sure why that would be among the missing threads, most of the other stuff was Xi related...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes