Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: GOW71 Keyblade Wielder 7464 posts

Bookmarks "Bump to top" Feature.

6 replies 277 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

If there was something about this I missed it.

I would absolutely love a "bump this bookmark to top of list" feature when manageing bookmarks. I am organizational nut job and have multiple bookmarks. I don't see an easier way to get them orgainzied in the order I want. Or is there some forum "trick" to get them in a certain order?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Re: Bookmarks "Bump to top" Feature.

Jun 20, 2013
There's an option to float a thread to the top. That's the closest you'll get to floating bookmarks.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (266 Views)
VP of Gaming
28649 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I would absolutely love a "bump this bookmark to top of list" feature when manageing bookmarks. I am organizational nut job and have multiple bookmarks. I don't see an easier way to get them orgainzied in the order I want. Or is there some forum "trick" to get them in a certain order?

You (we) can float Threads if we wish, but only we (the individual) will see them there, not the rest of the community.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (259 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Unless they add the feature as described as GOW said.

That would be useful but as of now you would have to wipe the whole bookmarks and then add them back in the order you would like.

First one being most important at the top and working you way down in priority

My top bookmark?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PlayStation-General-Forum-Guide-New-Read-...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (243 Views)
Welcoming Committee
32742 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Agreed.  We could sort them alphabetically, by importance, date/time, etc.  Technically you could grab all your links and save them off somewhere, un-float everything, and then re-float them all in the right order.

But what a pain that would be.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (213 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47907 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I'm not sure if it works the way on the personal floating but this is what I did in the SH community:

Unstick(unfloat) the threads that are up too high, leave the other threads stickied, then re-stick the ones I want to move down.  Works most times but there are rare threads that will always pop to the top no matter what like SH wednesday, I think you need to have special HTML coding to do that though :smileywink:.

EDIT:  Am I the only one that this forum eats the spacing on?  Seriously I had seperated those with a line before LOL.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (130 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I just think it would be great to go into the bookmarks section and drag them into place in the order we  want them in. I use bookmarks way more than I float stuff. I like to have it all accessible in the "go to" menu. An easy way to organize them by personal prefernce would be nice :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (103 Views)