Fender Bender
3668 posts

Re: Cheatster's Corner - First Edition

Aug 3, 2006

What are the chances of getting a "Report this PM" link?  It's a bit inconvenient to have to copy/paste things and forward them to a specific mod, and I'm sure individual mods/admins get tired of getting hit with PMs about problems with PMs... I know it isn't a common occurrance but it would permit any available mod/admin to look into the situation and prevent potential accusations of favoritism down the line.

It would also be convenient, in regard to reporting inappropriate posts or threads, to have a dropdown box with specific reasons for the report (politics, religion, spam, multiple threads on the same subject, basically the reasons outlined in the rules) that could go into a subject line or something of that nature so that the more significant offenses (**bleep**ographic images, the circumvention of the filter system and posts containing blatant profanity, for example) could be handled with a higher priority than the average spam or double-posted thread.

I no longer do WINDOWS!
Message 91 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Aug 3, 2006
So, just out of curiosity, what kinda car do you drive?
,And are you aware that if you search "PSops?" in the search...there are no results?
Liquidfire3240
Message 92 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Aug 3, 2006

Don't know if this has been asked here, but...

Why do you guys keep the 'Post Counts' visible for all to see? I really wish there was a way to just have it where only the actual member can see his/her posts count, like maybe in their 'My Profile' area.

What I am saying is keep the ranking system, but leave out the actual post counts. You just don't know how much trouble and aggravation it causes to see/hear people yapping and posting about their bloody post counts on a continuous basis.

Thanx.

Message 93 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Aug 3, 2006
PSP General... it always needs constant attention, being one of the most active forums here. We (members and mods) just need to work together and help make that a board that people aren't almost afraid of.
Message 94 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Cannon Fodder
6838 posts

Aug 3, 2006

Codename: Iglyis Nis wrote:
Hm, so, what is your opinion of PSP general?

My,honest opinion is that people don't give PSP general the chance it,deserves. I've seen tons of threads on OT and received numerous,messages about how people can't stand the PSP general board. The fact,is that there are some members in PSP general who have an intense,commitment to gaming. I've read some incredibly insightful and well,thought out threads on that board. And it's a shame that many people,will never get a chance to see those simply because they are given the,impression that PSP general is a spam-fest. If you spend a bit of time,there, and report what needs our attention, I think you'd be surprised,at what a great board it is

Message 95 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34444 posts

Aug 3, 2006

PSPFourLife wrote:

addicted68098 wrote:
Yay have been waiting for a post like this, now I decided to make a list!
  • Improved HTML The W3C validator will explain
  • Ajax would be nice,
  • Be stricter about the language in posts (I don't like reading uber)
  • Whats up with PSP General (PSP Games and all those other places seem normal)
  • Improve the design, this is soo web .04
  • Speed thing up some more,
  • Over-ridable Forum CSS! (its a good idea!, use cookies to store the style)
  • Get a better wisasabiwhati editor, this one can be really buggy at times,
  • Some kindof profile, that would be nice
  • Ajax!
  • Ajax!!
  • Ajax!!!

Yeah! We should get some sort of profile! That would be awesome! This board is so, 2000.

Some sort of profile? What do you mean by that?
"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
- Moldy Peaches
Message 96 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15080 posts

Aug 3, 2006

FutureMarine2008 wrote:
I have another question-

I know that you PSX, Patriot, Deltan, and coreno, (along with the other moderators), have been mods and admins working together for quite a bit of time.  Has there ever been a time where any of you have disagreed over something that has been done?  Maybe a thread that was locked or deleted that another one of you believed it shouldn't have?  We members don't really hear about things like this, and it might be interesting to see if there is some "drama" behind the scenes.

For the most part, we're all on the same page. There are always different ideas floating around, though. What we try to do is pick the best ones, work with them, and come up with a solution that everyone can agree on and will be the best for the community.

There's not really any drama behind the scenes. We're all best friends.
Message 97 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Aug 3, 2006

PSX_Cheatster wrote:

PSPFourLife wrote:

addicted68098 wrote:
Yay have been waiting for a post like this, now I decided to make a list!
  • Improved HTML The W3C validator will explain
  • Ajax would be nice,
  • Be stricter about the language in posts (I don't like reading uber)
  • Whats up with PSP General (PSP Games and all those other places seem normal)
  • Improve the design, this is soo web .04
  • Speed thing up some more,
  • Over-ridable Forum CSS! (its a good idea!, use cookies to store the style)
  • Get a better wisasabiwhati editor, this one can be really buggy at times,
  • Some kindof profile, that would be nice
  • Ajax!
  • Ajax!!
  • Ajax!!!

Yeah! We should get some sort of profile! That would be awesome! This board is so, 2000.

Some sort of profile? What do you mean by that?

Like, to put down all your games, a lot of information about yourself, a huge signature area thing. Like, a place where you can just put information about yourself down. The profiles we have are teh suxors.
Message 98 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15080 posts

Aug 3, 2006

Liquidfire3240 wrote:
So, just out of curiosity, what kinda car do you drive?
,And are you aware that if you search "PSops?" in the search...there are no results?

Click my siggy.
Message 99 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34444 posts

Aug 3, 2006

Bill Cosby wrote:

PSX_Cheatster wrote:

Tiller2dapiller wrote:
My ? - Why in the hell would deltan pick you???!!! lmao jk jk That was a joke in case you dont have humor

Seriously,though- About me asking you to hange my name to tiller, whats so hard,about that? my friend racedude said he got his name changed just,bhecause you and him were friends... do I suspect favortism Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

Friend,racedude? If I don't even know who you're talking about, he's probably,not as much friends with me as he might say he is. Either way, we have,very strict guidelines for when we can and cannot grant a handle change,request. We'd like to be able to grant more requests, but we can't,grant everyone's so we have to draw the line somewhere. We try to be,fair in criteria, and I think we are.

Do you have specific guidelines written down somewhere? Or does it just depend on the situation?

We,have a set of written guidelines that we keep internal. If we were to,post them, I feel that people would be inclinded to mold their stories,to fit those guidelines in order to get their handle change. I've,already seen cases of this happening, even with the guidelines kept,private. We do take each matter on a case by case basis though.
"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
- Moldy Peaches
Message 100 of 1,939 (22 Views)
0 Likes