VP of Gaming
34444 posts

Re: Cheatster's Corner - First Edition

Aug 2, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:
I want to know why are,all political/religous discussions always locked? I mean, they are,usually good discussions, with a sprinkling of ppl that are there just,to cause trouble.

In all my years here, I,don't think I've ever seen a political/religious discussion last beyond,an hour without some kind of offensive comment or flaming. They're just,a breeding ground for flame wars. The topics are too controversial to,do well here. We tried for awhile to allow these types of threads, but,it just doesn't work out. We'd have to devote too many moderator man,hours to keeping them clean, and frankly, our priorities lie elsewhere,in the community. Sorry.
"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
- Moldy Peaches
Message 41 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15080 posts

Aug 2, 2006

FutureMarine2008 wrote:
First off, I don't think I really got the chance to properly thank you for passing on my request for a name change..I love it and nobody has made the mistake of asking me if I really am one. So thank you very much, PSX_Cheatster.

As for my question, what do you and the other moderators think will be the next new and exciting thing that happens here on the PSU forums?  We've gotten some new boards, new ranks, what would you like to see improved on this message board?

The PlayStation 3 launch is going to bring in boatloads of new members, excitement, and new ideas. I can't wait to see how the Community grows in the next 6 months.
Message 42 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7593 posts

Aug 2, 2006
170 views in 10 min
Message 43 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11132 posts

Aug 2, 2006
great question

Codename: Iglyis Nis wrote:
Hm....What is Cheatsters opinion on PSP GENERAL?

Message 44 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4803 posts

Aug 2, 2006
 Why did you delete the Socom 2 boards?I'm still devastatedThere are TONS of other subforums that are less active than Socom 2 was. Also, have you ever seen Napolean Dynamite?
Message 45 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Cannon Fodder
6838 posts

Aug 2, 2006

SimMaster wrote:
Do you think there'll ever be a way to have a friendly controversial conversation about things like religion?

Unfortunately,,I don't believe there will be. Subjects such as that tend to be,intensely personal. No one enjoys being told that their convictions and,life choices are "wrong." It's also hard to convey one's tone across a,message,board. What may have been intended as a completely harmless remark can,easily be read as an insult. For those reasons, it's better to just,avoid those conversations in this community.

Message 46 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15080 posts

Aug 2, 2006

SimMaster wrote:
Do you think there'll ever be a way to have a friendly controversial conversation about things like religion?

In the past we've allowed controlled topics on Politics and Religion, but even those became out of control. There always seems to be a few users that like to ruin it for everyone. You never know, perhaps some day.
Message 47 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Aug 2, 2006
Do you guys ever play xbox?
''Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit!"- Wu-Tang Clan

Message 48 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34444 posts

Aug 2, 2006

animefreak111 wrote:
i think you guys are great as mods. but do you have any other jobs or are you a 24 hour mod?

I,am a full-time student during most of the year, but I try not to let,that get in the way of modding. :-P I do other odd jobs here and there,too on the side.
"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
- Moldy Peaches
Message 49 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Aug 2, 2006

PSX_Cheatster wrote:

animefreak111 wrote:
i think you guys are great as mods. but do you have any other jobs or are you a 24 hour mod?

I,am a full-time student during most of the year, but I try not to let,that get in the way of modding. :-P I do other odd jobs here and there,too on the side.

What are ya going to be when you get older!?
Message 50 of 1,939 (38 Views)
0 Likes