Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 10 2013
By: Rusty_I3oltz Lombax Warrior 151 posts
Accepted Solution

Can I take back a kudo?

3 replies 148 views Edited Oct 10, 2013

I accidentally gave someone that I can't stand on here a kudo. So is there anyway I can take it back before they see and think I actually agree with them when I don't. And what does everyone think about a new system like thumbs up or downs instead of kudos? Just like they have on youtube. Its a nicer way with telling someone we don't like what they have to say without actually saying it don't you agree.

Message 1 of 4 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Re: Can I take back a kudo?

Oct 10, 2013

Yes

Off_Kudos

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Rusty_I3oltz wrote:

I accidentally gave someone that I can't stand on here a kudo. So is there anyway I can take it back before they see and think I actually agree with them when I don't. And what does everyone think about a new system like thumbs up or downs instead of kudos? Just like they have on youtube. Its a nicer way with telling someone we don't like what they have to say without actually saying it don't you agree.

The above poster has told you how to revoke a Kudos.

As for the points you made, whether they have already seen it matters not, & to be honest it shouldn't matter to you either, you are free to revoke any Kudos you see fit.

As for your other point about a 'thumbs up/down' idea, I like it, actually I'd rather they went back to the old rating system they had here but took away, we used to be able to rate a Thread/OP from 1 through 5 stars, I really liked that idea, but it was as I said removed.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Rusty_I3oltz wrote:

Its a nicer way with telling someone we don't like what they have to say without actually saying it don't you agree.

This is exactly why I don't agree with such a system. To thumbs down a post because you don't like the user is wrong, an abuse of the system, and a quick way to create strife. Kudos only being a "thumbs up" system encourages possessive interactions by having users highlight what is good in the community, not what is bad.

Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes