Jul 02 2013
By: WolfsBlood0908 First Son 3 posts

Can't file complaint about a hacker through website. Help!!

[ Edited ]
7 replies 295 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

I was in a lobby with a person last night in a 2 vs 2 lobby. My team was winning by a lot and he was getting very upset and said "Im going to sign you kid's out, Have fun being offline" Then the next game started and it was S&D after round one my teammate Timed out. During intermission the guy then said "Alright now time for you" I then got kicked halfway through the game and couldn't get back online. My whole house was offline. I called my internet provider and they told me that he IP Flooded my modem Also that is was a federal offense because its a Denial of service. The guy named what state both my teammate and I lived in as well while working to boot us offline. I would like for something to be done about this guy before he does it to more people. It happened approximately  1 50 a.m. EST last night. I really would like to get this guy caught. He is ruining the game for others

The website complaint section is not working for me. I have the game recorded that I was in, im really hoping I can get him caught. Help please!

Message 1 of 8 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: Can't file complaint about a hacker through website. Help!!

Jul 2, 2013

If you would like to report someone on the forum go to this page HERE

Just select "Nature of your comment" and choose "complaint." Then provide information in the box below. Make sure you browser setting allow pop-ups. Good luck!

I would also recommend removing the name from your post. Blacklisting a player on these forums is against the rules and will only get you in trouble.

Message 2 of 8 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I typed my whole message leave 0 characters. I only use commas and periods but it says i have special characters in my complaint. Any idea what's going on there?

Thanks for the link by the way!

Message 3 of 8 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Jul 3, 2013

You can try calling Sony support if the online complaint form is not working [ 800-345-SONY ].

Message 4 of 8 (257 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I called sony before i made the fourm post. They can't do anything about it......Looks like this guy is just going to get away with his wrongful actions.

Message 5 of 8 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Jul 3, 2013

What game was it??

Message 6 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1703 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I can tell you for sure he did NOT flood your ip.

He is using a jailbroken PS3,wich by the way Sony dose'nt take seriuosly.

He is actually flooding the room/server your in with just enough to kick players. They mostly use ftp on the jailbroken console to do it.

It's the server/room that can't handle that many request at on time.

I play Socom Confrontation and it's plagued with jailbroken ps3's. I've emailed Sony so many times but they seem not to care so I gave up.

It's a pretty simple fix yet sony does nothing.

Message 7 of 8 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

WolfsBlood0908 said: I typed my whole message leave 0 characters. I only use commas and periods but it says i have special characters in my complaint. Any idea what's going on there?

The same thing happens to me when I try to use the reporting form. I've reported this issue in the forum and on phone before, and it's been forwarded to the correct people. I don't know when it will be fixed though...

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 8 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Likes