Aug 24 2013
By: Box9Missingo MVP Support 12554 posts
Accepted Solution

Cannot click on any posts...

9 replies 558 views Edited Aug 24, 2013

I can do it just fine here on Firefox, but I cannot when I use this site on Google Chrome. Was able to last night, but for some reason, it's not working now. I can sign in, but that's all I can do.

Anyone else run into this issue? I've tried clearing my cookies/cache to no avail. I don't know what else I can do to straighten this out. So I'm rather frustrated.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 1 of 10 (558 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24534 posts

Re: Cannot click on any posts...

Aug 24, 2013

You could at 12:18 P.M. Does this mean you solved the issue or were you using another browser? Another dumb question if I may. Are you sure you weren't trying to reply to a locked thread? Try replying to this on Chrome.

Gaming Beast
Box9Missingo
Re: Ban the person above you
Banned because Google Chrome sucks right now.
 photo tlousig2.png
Message 2 of 10 (546 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12554 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I was on Firefox at the time I made the post. Not on Chrome. But I'll see if I can do so.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 3 of 10 (538 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12554 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Just tried again, and it STILL doesn't work AT ALL. Can only post via here and IE. Other sites work fine on Chrome, it's just Playstation's forums that are doing this... other than Chrome running into the not responding at first when it's loading up.

smdedspace2.png

Message 4 of 10 (536 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24534 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:
Just tried again, and it STILL doesn't work AT ALL. Can only post via here and IE. Other sites work fine on Chrome, it's just Playstation's forums that are doing this... other than Chrome running into the not responding at first when it's loading up.

That's weird. Maybe you should PM a Mod and see if they know anything.

Message 5 of 10 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Aug 26, 2013

then the most easy method is just to use it on  Firefox, don't worry to much. i also found a strange thing, when i  want to right a blog on google, the  browser which i can only use is Firefox, when i change another browser then i can't do it.Smiley Sad

the life becomes exciting just because ......
Message 6 of 10 (525 Views)
MVP Support
12554 posts

Aug 26, 2013

beenle2012 wrote:

then the most easy method is just to use it on  Firefox, don't worry to much. i also found a strange thing, when i  want to right a blog on google, the  browser which i can only use is Firefox, when i change another browser then i can't do it.Smiley Sad

Yea that's what I've been doing. Not too worried about it, but I did do some checking to be on the safe side.

Weird. Guess some browsers are weird that way.

smdedspace2.png

Message 7 of 10 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Your Chrome may have errored it's latest cache of the forums.

Message 8 of 10 (511 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12554 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Your Chrome may have errored it's latest cache of the forums.

Tried that out and it didn't work Smiley Sad. But I'll try it again to see if it might work now.

Edit: Just tried that and it still didn't work. I even changed my cookies setting back to where I had it originally and it made no difference. I still can't click on anything. Can only post from FF or IE.

Edit, Edit: I remember that you guys just updated the forums recently in terms of getting rid of some of the old boards and that kind of thing. Could it be possible that this update might have messed up some members ability to log in/log out and/or be able to click into any posts?

I also checked on Google's set up, chrome://conflict and there was nothing conflicting with Chrome itself.

Edit, Edit, Edit: I'm once again posting on Chrome, it turns out that I had to rename my 'Default' folder, 'Backup' and then reload the browser. It's now not non responsive and I can click on threads again.

link to what helped solve the problem

Disclaimer: from ehow.com

smdedspace2.png

Message 9 of 10 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Edit, Edit, Edit: I'm once again posting on Chrome, it turns out that I had to rename my 'Default' folder, 'Backup' and then reload the browser. It's now not non responsive and I can click on threads again.

link to what helped solve the problem

Disclaimer: from ehow.com

Interesting, good find. I'll have to keep that in mind should anyone else have this same issue.

Sorry that we were unable to find a solution, but good to see that you managed to get it solved.

Message 10 of 10 (488 Views)