Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Do the Mods use favortism on here?

Mar 6, 2013

Icinq wrote:

>SNIP< he was commenting on a way a female avatar was dancing.  >SNIP<

Yup!  The HOME Sections.  That sums it up.  Thank you Icing, sorry for the issues and I hope you find resolution.

Moble

Message 11 of 31 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks to SweetPoison for finding the post in question for me. My previous post has been adjusted accordingly.

Message 12 of 31 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

Well some may not believe favortism happens on here. But all I know is one of the mods actually kudo'd this video in question. But it does look like I'll have to go over the mod's head on this one as they do seem to be failing at repremanding certain users on here. And this person in question used to be a very helpful volenteer on the forums, but I think since they got the status of MVP they have let it go to their head and think they can do what ever they want. Some may find it's offensive, and some may not, but whether it is or not, it still tends to cause people on the particular forum to get riled up and make all sorts of offensive comments. And this isn't the first time this person has done something like this. This person so obviously has diplomatic immunity from the mods.

Message 13 of 31 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Hey Icinq, 

Best practice if you have a problem/issue with moderation would be to send a PM to MercuryValentine or PSForumMods. 

They will investigate your complaint and take appropriate action.

I hope your issue gets resolved quickly.

Message 14 of 31 (348 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Ok thank you I will do that.

Message 15 of 31 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Mar 8, 2013

No. There is no favoritism going on

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 31 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Do the Mods use favoritism on here?

Mar 8, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I've had threads moved, locked, and deleted. 

Same with posts and I have a blue name and a red thing near it!   

Hahahah...you crack me up.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 17 of 31 (298 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Well I definetly got my answer last week. I contacted the ForumsMod guy and not more than 20 minutes later I was suspended from the forums for 2 days. The message said it was for because of causing continual disruption in the community. So yeah I got it right, I was risking suspension by bringing this all out into the open. I was even really polite to the forums mod guy and said that I thought the mods in the Home forums were being biased on who's posts they removed or cleaned up. I said that there were pics and unsavory comments that the mods were ignoring when made by senior members of the forums. I even gave several examples of where these threads or posts were that were overlooked. But I guess the mods on here don't like being told how to do their job, and it angered them when I actually went to the person in charge here. The ForumsMod person never contacted me back or did anything to remove the posts in question, it was just me that anything was done about. So I'm guessing I'm putting my account in even more jeapordy now by posting this, but I feel the people have to know what's going on here. They're trying to silence me here obviously because they do prefer or favor certain users in the forums more than others. All I'll say is I will be a little more careful on what I do or say around here, but this isn't over. So I really hope some of you get to read my message here before I'm suspended or banned again.

Message 18 of 31 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9523 posts

Mar 12, 2013

i've always known there was favoritism among the mods with certain members regardless if they deny it.  I've been around these forums for a long time and have see it before in the past long ago.

Heck, the old mods back in the day i know didnt like me cause i was always ragging on them about playing favorites.  Personally i dont think it's worth reporting someone.  Just go about your business and if that person in question gets dealt with then so be it.  If not well then you know the mods arent doing their job.

There's enough mods to cover each area of the forums (at least there used to be) so they should be catching things, especially if they are taking part in disscussion in that area of the forums.

To each their own tho, i just never saw a good enough reason to report someone from seeing past experiences with others doing the reporting and hearing things just like you say happen to you about getting banned for a few days.

Message 19 of 31 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Icinq wrote:

Well I definetly got my answer last week. I contacted the ForumsMod guy and not more than 20 minutes later I was suspended from the forums for 2 days. The message said it was for because of causing continual disruption in the community. So yeah I got it right, I was risking suspension by bringing this all out into the open. I was even really polite to the forums mod guy and said that I thought the mods in the Home forums were being biased on who's posts they removed or cleaned up. I said that there were pics and unsavory comments that the mods were ignoring when made by senior members of the forums. I even gave several examples of where these threads or posts were that were overlooked. But I guess the mods on here don't like being told how to do their job, and it angered them when I actually went to the person in charge here. The ForumsMod person never contacted me back or did anything to remove the posts in question, it was just me that anything was done about. So I'm guessing I'm putting my account in even more jeapordy now by posting this, but I feel the people have to know what's going on here. They're trying to silence me here obviously because they do prefer or favor certain users in the forums more than others. All I'll say is I will be a little more careful on what I do or say around here, but this isn't over. So I really hope some of you get to read my message here before I'm suspended or banned again.

Icing, I am not taking sides here at all, so please take that into account when I say this.

I do not think you got banned for reporting your issue to a Mod directly, if that is what you finally did.  Rather, I believe your actions in the open Forum are what got you, ultimately, suspended.

You made many posts, in your own Thread and others, talking about your issue.  Whenever an actual Mod (Digital Platform Managers to be precise) tried to explain to you, how you should go about your complaint, you ignored them.

MVPs, Mods, Admins, and regular members tried to direct you to the proper avenues for such a complaint.  Instead, you continued to actively thrash about the idea of favoritism in the open Forum.

This behavior is in violation of the Rules and Guidelines.  While it may not be spelled out in plain English, it is absolutely a part of the code of conduct, to seek PM or grievance help in these matters.  As well, not posted here, but included in the PSN Terms of Use and Service, your behavior is not condoned.

Too many people just skip past Legal Agreements, without fully reading them.  I am guilty of this at times as well.  People are in a hurry to play or participate, and just want to click "Accept" so that they can move on.  Clicking accept means, whether or not you read the Terms, you "ACCEPT" them.

So many people come on here and yell about how they "unfairly" got banned or suspended.  They do not ever take into account how they were banned, but only that they were.  They do not go through the Terms and determine for themselves why they were banned, they only demand retribution.

So again, I am not taking sides on this.  I am merely pointing out the faux pas that many people have, while being part of a Digital Environment, or Gaming Platform.  Read the Terms of Service, they are full of legalese, but they are quite informative.

Your suspension was not because you complained directly to a Mod or Admin, but rather, you did not head the advice and warning of those in charge, or even of your fellow Forum members.

Now; since you seem intent on carrying on the argument in the open Forum, then you may indeed be susceptible to another suspension, or even a ban if you continue.

I am only trying to help you in this, so please, please, do not see this as an attack on you.  I can assure you there really is no favoritism here, from anyone in an administrative capacity.  If indeed you still feel there is, you should continue to discuss this matter "one on one", through the PM system, with the powers that be.

If given a definitive answer, you should take it and believe it is valid.

If you no longer desire to contribute in a positive manner to the Forum, then you will not be here for long, and it will not be of your choosing.

I really do hope this helps you out.  Everyone is welcome here in the Forum.  Many ideas and thoughts are shred here, and it is what makes the PlayStation Community Forum GREAT.  Please understand this, and take this as constructive advice.

Try to have a nice day.  OK?

Moble

Message 20 of 31 (244 Views)