Mar 21 2013
By: BRIT-KO VP of Gaming 27932 posts

Good Transition.

[ Edited ]
6 replies 158 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

Good day everyone.

I was unsure when they first announced the closure of the Forum FAQ page to the majority of general user comments & general user-created Threads & only open in the main for Management/Moderator led discussions, but having seen the move this morning I can say it makes perfect sense & will have the information Sony & the Forum managers want there, this new Forum area here has all the Threads/Posts from the 'old' Forum & the new (old) one (link below) is now solely for Forum FAQ, good idea guys, just had to see it!

I recommend we bookmark this new Forum area & direct people here to the new Forums Support Page.

There's still one Stickied Thread there that in my personal view shouldn't be but I've already made my reasons for that known, so I'll leave it for the Managers/Moderators to decide what stays & what goes, maybe they're still 'tidying' it up & it'll go anyway at some point.

Here's the link to the area we all used to post in: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/bd-p/21099

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (158 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Re: Good Transition.

Mar 21, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Good day everyone.

I was unsure when they first announced the closure of the Forum FAQ page to the majority of general user comments & general user-created Threads & only open in the main for Management/Moderator led discussions, but having seen the move this morning I can say it makes perfect sense & will have the information Sony & the Forum managers want there, this new Forum area here has all the Threads/Posts from the 'old' Forum & the new (old) one (link below) is now solely for Forum FAQ, good idea guys, just had to see it!

I recommend we bookmark this new Forum area & direct people here to the new Forums Support Page.

There's still one Stickied Thread there that in my personal view shouldn't be but I've already made my reasons for that known, so I'll leave it for the Managers/Moderators to decide what stays & what goes, maybe they're still 'tidying' it up & it'll go anyway at some point.

Here's the link to the area we all used to post in: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/bd-p/21099

BRIT-KO

I agree with everything BRIT has said.  Well stated BRIT!:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4324 posts

Mar 21, 2013

The final set of managed threads in that FAQ section is not final, you're right.  It might be a little bit before we finalize that.  PAX East and GDC are fully upon us, so our time is a bit scattered.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for your continued feedback. We are glad that you are feeling comfy with this transition and fully aware of its implications. Everything is important, so thank you once again!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah its perfect ot have a "forums support" area now like this and keeping a section of Frequently Asked Questions up with answers to FAQ but no ability to ask random little questions all over the FAQ board.

If we get asked the same thing enough here, or in the other support forums, we can then request to the mods that they make a FAQ thread for it!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Mar 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Yeah its perfect ot have a "forums support" area now like this and keeping a section of Frequently Asked Questions up with answers to FAQ but no ability to ask random little questions all over the FAQ board.

If we get asked the same thing enough here, or in the other support forums, we can then request to the mods that they make a FAQ thread for it!

I noticed that addition earlier today, "Forum Support".  That is a great addition, and should help to alleviate some of the load in General and off topic.

Great work again folks.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31543 posts

Mar 21, 2013

i like this move, good jod CM's.

Tempest_Fire wrote:

The final set of managed threads in that FAQ section is not final, you're right.  It might be a little bit before we finalize that.  PAX East and GDC are fully upon us, so our time is a bit scattered.

and you guys have MVPs right? put them to work, make them gather a list of good threads so you can put them in the FAQ section. :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes