Highlighted
Aug 20 2013
By: Icinq Wastelander 558 posts
Accepted Solution

Has a mod ever straight out refused to help you with an issue with another user?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 306 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

That happened to me. There's this user on here that keeps making anti-religious or anti-chistian like slurs in his posts. So I reported him but nothing was done. So I contacted one of the mods and notified them about this and the mod said that it was within his right to say such things, So I notified the main forum mods just to get the same reply that it's his right to say those things. So what's going on here? Are the mods on here a bunch of athiests or something? Well I'm a very religious person and this type of anti-religious slurs violates my rights. So can someone provide a number I can call or a website so I can report what's going on here? And no I can't provide a link because the device I'm using won't let me do that. So you'll just have to take my word for it. 

Message 1 of 17 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
34224 posts

Re: Has a mod ever straight out refused to help you with an issue with another user?

Aug 20, 2013

As a former mod, I can tell you that you can block the user so you don't see his spiteful comments.

As a fellow Christian, I can tell you that you should count it as a blessing if you are used and abused for identifying with Jesus.  If you're representing properly, then you should expect to be persecuted for daring to name the Name.  I've had people call me a "Jesus freak" many times.  They don't understand that this is a compliment.

You worry about obedience.  Let God worry about the outcome.

Message 2 of 17 (298 Views)
Shinra Executive
35877 posts

Re: Has a mod ever straight out refused to help you with an issue with another user?

Aug 20, 2013

Icinq wrote:

That happened to me. There's this user on here that keeps making anti-religious or anti-chistian like slurs in his posts. So I reported him but nothing was done. So I contacted one of the mods and notified them about this and the mod said that it was within his right to say such things, So I notified the main forum mods just to get the same reply that it's his right to say those things. So what's going on here? Are the mods on here a bunch of athiests or something? Well I'm a very religious person and this type of anti-religious slurs violates my rights. So can someone provide a number I can call or a website so I can report what's going on here? And no I can't provide a link because the device I'm using won't let me do that. So you'll just have to take my word for it. 

I hate to say it Icinq but I'm seeing a pattern here with your posts!

To answer your question though, you may not like some of the comments you see on these Forums, I know I see many every day that I don't agree with, be they religious based or otherwise, but even so & as the good Dr has already said, so long as the remarks made remain within the forum rules then there is nothing to complain about here.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 17 (284 Views)
PlayStation Support
5568 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

Hi Icinq,

Often times I have to let comments stand that I may personally disagree with.  People are allowed to have differing opinions on here.  If we as moderators feel an opinion is expressed in a way that does not promote dicussion or debate or merely meant to hurt or incite anger that may be when we'll act.  

We have to judge both sides of the equation.  A stance could be radically contrary to popular thought, but it could still be a valid one to have.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 4 of 17 (277 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I never accepted anyone as the solution so why does it have Brit-KO as the solution to my post here? If I were to select anyone as a solution it would have been Dr.Gadget. And the slur in question that I'm talking about is "OM_G" with an "F". I can't even say the whole phrase because it goes against my religion. But to me this phrase is like not only saying the F-word, but saying it to God himself. Where are my religious rights here to be offended by this? I thought the code of conduct on here was for users not to offend other users? 

Message 5 of 17 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6751 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Hi Icinq, 

Just to be clear, moderators can mark posts as accepted solutions too. 

Message 6 of 17 (251 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7869 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I never accepted anyone as the solution so why does it have Brit-KO as the solution to my post here? If I were to select anyone as a solution it would have been Dr.Gadget. And the slur in question that I'm talking about is "OM_G" with an "F". I can't even say the whole phrase because it goes against my religion. But to me this phrase is like not only saying the F-word, but saying it to God himself. Where are my religious rights here to be offended by this? I thought the code of conduct on here was for users not to offend other users? 

Sadly I'd have to agree with the Mods here.

As much as I agree with you that this particular term is highly offensive to myself and others like me, and I hate to see this term thrown around, I see no real abuse of the ToS. The term in and of itself is not designed to offend, so the offense comes entirely from the offended side. The complete lack of ill intent and extreme minority of those who find it to be offensive makes it difficult for a Mod to justify the removal of the content. As such, if the Mod were to remain as a neutral entity acting entirely off of guidelines and removing themselves from emotional responses, the content would have to stand.

I've done my fair share of Moderation on other sites, and I have come across situations like this one, both on the agree and disagree sides of coin. As a result I have had to let content stand that I fundamentally disagree with and had to remove content that I fundamentally do agree with. I've even received angry rants about how I'm such a horrible (insert religious/political group) even though I'm the exact opposite of what they're accusing me of and was just doing my job. So I can say with experience, please don't accuse the Mods of any of these kinds of things, as it tends to be both hurtful and wrong. The Mods are simply trying to do their jobs in the most neutral, fair manor that they can.

Message 7 of 17 (220 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

Aug 21, 2013

So what your saying Trawnza is that you mods have every right to control us when ever you feel like. And if we ask you to remove something because it offends us then it can't be done. Basically I have no rights here.

Message 8 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
34224 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

So what your saying Trawnza is that you mods have every right to control us when ever you feel like. And if we ask you to remove something because it offends us then it can't be done. Basically I have no rights here.

Why are you poking the bear?  You got your answer.

Don't go down this path.  It won't end well.

Message 9 of 17 (214 Views)
Shinra Executive
35877 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

Trawnza never said that at all Icinq, but you know that already!

DVM has explained VERY well & VERY eloquently indeed the postion here, no more needs to be said about this, & as the Dr said, do not go down this road, it will indeed end badly.

Remember, what 'offends' one does not another!

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 17 (209 Views)
0 Likes