Wastelander
551 posts

Re: Has a mod ever straight out refused to help you with an issue with another user?

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

Message 11 of 17 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32354 posts

Re: Has a mod ever straight out refused to help you with an issue with another user?

Aug 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

This thread has run it's course and should now be locked.... I'm not going to say anything more because I know I'm just digging a hole deeper for myself. I'm sorry if I offended anyone here.

No need to apologize, certainly not to me anyway, takes a lot to p**s me off lol.

All we, I was trying to do was get you to see that it's not always black & white & that the Moderators although not perfect have a tough time & there is sometimes a fine line to tread.

Have a good one.

BRIT-KO

Message 12 of 17 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
551 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Ok I know that there is definetly something going on here between certain users and the mods. Because I get in trouble for the littlest offenses where others when you report them don't get in trouble at all. On the Home forums there used to be a user who pretended to be a Home official but had very bad spelling and used to say "wood" instead of "would", That user has left awhile ago, but sometimes when someone uses "wood" instead of "would" a joke is made about the fake Home offcial. So in a post someone made "What staff member wood you most like to meet" I said as a joke "I wood like to meet (former Home officials name). So someone reported it and I got a warning? So it's not considered offensive here to insult others religion, and its also not offensive to post S&M type bondage pictures with Home avatars, that someone did and I reported it. (nothing happened). Yet me making a joke that others make all the time is offensive?

Message 13 of 17 (187 Views)
Wastelander
551 posts

Aug 22, 2013

So what it boils down here is because I'm not an MVP, forum veterin, or one of the popular people, I have no say. Yet because I'm guessing a certain mvp was watching me closely and reported my actions, or possibly one of the popular people of the Home forums did. Then I get a warning and a threat to have my account suspended for a minor offense. I'm sorry but it is really frustrating watching the rules get bent for certain people where others can't get away with those sort of things at all. And it just feels like I have no say on here, my opinion doesn't matter. One of the MVPs sent me a pm saying I really need to shut up and stop speaking bad about the mods. But you know what, the people have the right to know whats happening on here. 

Message 14 of 17 (184 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Icinq wrote:

So what it boils down here is because I'm not an MVP, forum veterin, or one of the popular people, I have no say. Yet because I'm guessing a certain mvp was watching me closely and reported my actions, or possibly one of the popular people of the Home forums did. Then I get a warning and a threat to have my account suspended for a minor offense. I'm sorry but it is really frustrating watching the rules get bent for certain people where others can't get away with those sort of things at all. And it just feels like I have no say on here, my opinion doesn't matter. One of the MVPs sent me a pm saying I really need to shut up and stop speaking bad about the mods. But you know what, the people have the right to know whats happening on here. 

Interestingly enough, I just finished replying to another MVP on a view similar to this topic. Honestly, any form of higher rank/power will go to someone's head eventually. If you've been hurt, degraded or personally attacked by an individual in a position that should be there to aid others, well.... that's just not right.

I'm newer to these forums, but I'm a MVP over on Blizzard's end. It is usually tough to prove one way or another that you've been immensely offended by a MVP/Moderator, and that they should be stripped of their title and/or reprimanded. For the entirety of my rank, I've only seen two MVPs removed.

What we usually tell individuals in this situation is to screenshot, and have the occurrences time-stamped. Then again, we have a separate line as to which complaints filter into, I've yet to see one on here. You're probably better off going fully over the forum heads, and talking to a representative with SEN; if it has escalated that badly.

As I stated, however, I'm not sure of the best route to take on these forums. 

Best of luck to you!

Salute! 

"There's a time for strategy, and there's a time for kicking the door down." [D. Valentine]
Message 15 of 17 (166 Views)
Wastelander
551 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

Thank you Eryslai. Its nice to know that at least one person is on my side. I definitly am going to do seek some kind of action for this and I will try to contact a representaitve with SEN over this matter. They need to know the type of abuse that's going on here.

Message 16 of 17 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33550 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

Icinq wrote:

Thank you Eryslai. Its nice to know that at least one person is on my side. I definitly am going to do seek some kind of action for this and I will try to contact a representaitve with SEN over this matter. They need to know the type of abuse that's going on here.

I have bent over backwards to help you, both in this thread and via the PM's.  In fact I was the FIRST one to try to help you.  You took it all as an insult and continue playing the Victim Card.  Poor poor pitiful me!  Nobody wants to help.  Everyone's so muh... muh... MEAN to me!

BTW, PM's add zero to your post count, before you even think of accusing me as well.

Some people just like to remain perpetually offended.  I'm done helping you.  You're going to have to help yourself.

a. Cry me a river.

b. Build yourself a bridge.

c. Get over it.

Mods, might as well mark this post as the new "solution".

edit: this discussion has run it's course... it will now be locked.

Message 17 of 17 (142 Views)
0 Likes