Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: bronxsushi Treasure Hunter 5603 posts
Accepted Solution

Help. Can't sign into forums with a PS3

28 replies 668 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Starting yesterday when I try to sign in to the forums with my PS3 it says, "The family of Sony Entertainment Network services is not availble in your country/region". I have not moved out of the USA, and I have made thousands of posts in the past with my PS3. And I am not the only one, here is a link to a thread where people say they have the same problem.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/signing-in/m-p/39738135/highlight/false#M383805...

tumblr_milavqKqtn1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (668 Views)
Wastelander
531 posts

Re: Help. Can't sign into forums with a PS3

Mar 6, 2013

Thats the exact message I got when I tried to log on with my ps3. I'm glad I'm not the only one here with that problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Mar 6, 2013

saw this text yesterday i think, had to dig my laptop outa the closet . took me a few hours to get it going its a peice of crap. anyways got same problem so much easyer using ps3. why why are they making it harder for us. you would think they would only make it available ps3 yousers , not just anybody some that don't even own a ps3. no idea what their thing ??? 

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (638 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4448 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Same deal for me.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll pass this along and see that someone gets this sorted.  This is not intended.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (628 Views)
Wastelander
630 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Yeah what's the hey hey ?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (609 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47891 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013
I'm just glad I read this now.    I would probably freak out if this happened later and I didn't know.  I'm going to pass the info over to my clan site in case any of them have the issue.
Thanks for posting this thread and thanks tempest for the comment!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
531 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I really hope this problem is fixed soon. I don't have a pc and I use my ps3 for the forums on a regular basis. I'm tired of having to go to someone else's house or the library just so I can post comments on here.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

As this issue persists, I was wondering what could possibly be preventing PS3 browser users from logging in and thought perhaps the site had started using HTML 5 local storage (an alternative to cookies) to keep track of whether you're logged in, which isn't supported by the PS3 browser - NOPE (window.localStorage.length remains 0). [Technical Note: you probably wouldn't use local storage for this purpose anyway as unlike cookies, no data is sent to the server (not mirrored), such as a token that allows the server to identity the specific browser session].

So, next I plugged in the PS3 browser's user agent (identifies the browser) into Chrome (dusted off my Google TV box) to see whether this had any effect - BAM! - got same error. The error persisted after I restored Chrome's user agent and I was only able to log in again when I deleted the cookies (no, this doesn't work in PS3 browser, I tried it :smileywink:).

Anyway, whatever's going on here, let's hope sometime this coming week PS3 browser access will be restored.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (539 Views)
Survivor
1424 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Any word yet?  I, too, use my PS3 for the forums at home and have been getting the same message.  Couldn't post anything over the weekend.  At work I use my computer, but I'd like to know if this is being fixed.  Thx.  :smileyindifferent:  DG

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (510 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4448 posts

Mar 11, 2013

No new word, but it is being fixed.  Unfortunately this is not something on the PlayStation end, or the Lithium end.  This issue resides on the SEN side of the authentication of the sign in.  As such I have little visibility into the resolution process.  As we learn more, we'll communicate this out.  We are very aware of this issue and are awaiting a slution as are you.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (503 Views)