Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation Community Manager
4701 posts

Re: Help. Can't sign into forums with a PS3

Mar 25, 2013

Tribble6 wrote:

Sign In_ Sony Entertainment Network.jpg

No we haven't emigrated to Timbuktu - "for the love of PlayStation", we just want to use the PS3 browser on the official U.S. PlayStation forum (EU is still o.k.) - are we really asking too much from Sony (given that the forum worked fine before the recent maintenance)?

BTW, as far as I can tell, the 4.40 Firmware update did nothing to improve the browsing experience :smileysad:.

I'll send the following PM to Tempest_Fire, to see if we can at least find out why it's taking so long to resolve this issue:

"Please can you find out why, after over two weeks, we still cannot log in to the PlayStation forum, using the PS3 browser. Please post your response in the main thread on this issue. Thanks in advance.".

P.S. To test whether this has been fixed I now create a new XMB account, as this ensures there isn't an old cookie that's preventing login (saves me deleting cookies on my main account as they disappear enough as it is...).

No testing required.  The problem has been identified by the SEN team.  A fix is due to be patched in soon.  I'll see if I can get a firm date for you all today.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 21 of 29 (259 Views)
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

No testing required.  The problem has been identified by the SEN team.  A fix is due to be patched in soon.  I'll see if I can get a firm date for you all today.

Any good news for the Easter weekend?

Message 22 of 29 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Ya i found that out too, if you try to sign in with the ps3 browser it  says sony is not available in your region. I had to sign in with a laptop.

Message 23 of 29 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4701 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Thanks to all for the feedback on this issue.  The SNE team have identified the issue, and resolved it.  The resolution is scheduled to be pushed live on April 15.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but thank you all for raising this issue and helping us reach this resolution.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 24 of 29 (183 Views)
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::mansad::mansad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

But, wait - I hadn't seen Tempest_Fire's latest post (this post took me a while) :smileywink:.

So, it looks like we'll be back in business from the 15th, however I'm finding with Firmware 4.40 that cookies (as used to save you from having to re-login into sites) are being dropped with great regularity :smileysad:.

Given this has been an issue with the browser since day one, Sony are real meanies for making this issue even worse (most likely due to the already tiny storage area being reduced even further, to the amount of available RAM in my first computer (3.5k) - a CBM Vic-20)...

Message 25 of 29 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6055 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Thanks to all for the feedback on this issue.  The SNE team have identified the issue, and resolved it.  The resolution is scheduled to be pushed live on April 15.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but thank you all for raising this issue and helping us reach this resolution.

Thanks Tempest_Fire. It has been fixed. I am making this post with my PS3. Thanks.:smileyvery-happy:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3732-1355608887-2.gif 

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 26 of 29 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
2992 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Yay its been fixed finally!! :manvery-happy:

bobs fed signature
Message 27 of 29 (115 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9528 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Happy posting you guys. :smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 29 (105 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9377 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Wheeee now can we add our PS3 pics to our posts here? Or is that just toooo much to ask? ;(
Support Forums
Message 29 of 29 (86 Views)
0 Likes