Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2013
By: kingjohn_cd Lombax Warrior 214 posts

How do I cite other posts?

22 replies 352 views Edited Apr 12, 2013

Every now and then I see a message directly responding to another post with White line borders saying "[PSN ID] wrote: bla bla bla bla"

How do I cite other posts? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 23 (352 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Re: How do I cite other posts?

Apr 12, 2013

kingjohn_cd wrote:

Every now and then I see a message directly responding to another post with White line borders saying "[PSN ID] wrote: bla bla bla bla"

How do I cite other posts? Thanks in advance!

when you reply, look at the top right of the text box, there is a 'quote' button next to 'spell check'

Message 2 of 23 (350 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

when you reply, look at the top right of the text box, there is a 'quote' button next to 'spell check'

Whoa, can't believe I haven't seen that. Thanks!

Message 3 of 23 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32941 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Welcome to the forums!

If you ever want to get fancy and quote two people, you can reply and quote, then copy that quote to clipboard (ctrl+C) and then back out and reply/quote the next post.  Then paste (ctrl+V) the other quote in and you are now quoting two people in one post.

Sometimes this is handy.

Message 4 of 23 (261 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Apr 13, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

If you ever want to get fancy and quote two people, you can reply and quote, then copy that quote to clipboard (ctrl+C) and then back out and reply/quote the next post.  Then paste (ctrl+V) the other quote in and you are now quoting two people in one post.

Sometimes this is handy.

Test quote :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 23 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 16, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

Whoa.  I'll have to get "fancy" sometime! Haven't done that yet.

Message 6 of 23 (189 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mh637099 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

Test quote :smileytongue:

Kid's stuff.  I could do this all day.:smileylol:

Moble

Message 7 of 23 (183 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

You will need to be careful with this though, since it's pretty easy for the HTML to get messed up in translation. Generally what I do to combat this is quote, write my response, go into the HTML Editor, then copy the HTML itself. That way when I paste the quote and my reply into another quote I have all of the formatting and am not relying on the Rich Text Editor to try and translate.

BTW, a quick CTRL+A (Command+A on Mac) will highlight all of the text in the post. That way you can write, highlight, and copy without your hands ever leaving the keyboard. :smileywink:

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mh637099 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

Moble

^ Case in point about the Rich Text Editor messing up the HTML. Sorry Moble, I don't mean to pick on you. It's just that you provided a pretty good example in this very thread. :smileytongue:

Message 8 of 23 (177 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

You will need to be careful with this though, since it's pretty easy for the HTML to get messed up in translation. Generally what I do to combat this is quote, write my response, go into the HTML Editor, then copy the HTML itself. That way when I paste the quote and my reply into another quote I have all of the formatting and am not relying on the Rich Text Editor to try and translate.

BTW, a quick CTRL+A (Command+A on Mac) will highlight all of the text in the post. That way you can write, highlight, and copy without your hands ever leaving the keyboard. :smileywink:

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

mh637099 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes this is handy.

Moble

^ Case in point about the Rich Text Editor messing up the HTML. Sorry moblesuit, I don't mean to pick on you. It's just that you provided a pretty good example in this very thread. :smileytongue:

Oh; you just want to show off and make it all complicated in one shot, don't you DVM?:smileywink:

This isn't you is it?

:smileylol::smileywink:

Moble

Message 9 of 23 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Apr 16, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Oh; you just want to show off and make it all complicated in one shot, don't you DVM?:smileywink:

This isn't you is it?

**pic removed for space**

:smileylol::smileywink:

Moble

lol, well if you want the formatting to be perfect it's actually less complicated since there's nothing to fix. And if I really wanted to show off I would have explained how to craft the quoted formatting in HTML so you don't have to load multiple post editors. But since you asked, the following is an explanation of how... Just kidding. :smileytongue:

Actually, on a serious note, I do recommend learning to do that for anyone with very slow internet speed. For those people it'll save a lot of time not having to make multiple page loads.

*gasp* I thought I had burned all of the copies of that image...

Message 10 of 23 (172 Views)