Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: How do I tell which threads I've already read?

Jan 10, 2011

Yes, I realize that, but that doesn't have anything to do with threads being marked as read in order to distinguish between which threads I've read or not read. It only tells me which threads I've actively participated in by posting.

Message 12 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I have just noticed that if you read through an entire thread then click "Up to Discussions" (at the top of the page.) Then look at the page with all of the threads on it you will notice that the title of the thread you had just read through will have changed in opacity to a grayish color instead of solid black.

So now there is a way to distinguish between threads read and not read.

FInallyhttp://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac149/piretez/Pirates%20pix/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 13 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Thanks for the info legendary-pirate. It's kine of a pain to have to do it manually, but at least it's something for now. I do hope that this is made to be auotomatic like it was on the old forums at some point.

Edit: After trying that, I went to some other threads and tried both clicking the link, and just closing the tab and going back to refresh the page with the list of threads and it is working automatically now.

Thanks to the forum administrators for getting this working.

Message 14 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Jan 15, 2011

No problem. Thought I would share

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 15 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Ok, not sure why, but after this feature was finally added and working well, it has apparently been removed since. It was working fine last Wednesday, but as of this past Saturday (possibly Friday), none of the threads I've read are actually showing as read anymore (when it was working they were showing with a lighter grey font to distinguish from the "not read" threads with the darker font). Every thread, both read and non-read, shows with the darker font again.

Also, when this was working, threads with new posts had the word "updated." This has also apparently been removed.

So my question is; why was this removed after being implemented? It seemed to be working well, and made reading the forums much less confusing, but now its back to being more confusing again.

Message 16 of 23 (17 Views)
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Jan 18, 2011

What about reading all the posts in a thread then a week latter when you go that thread again, you would go to the first post you didn't read. Even if that was page 3 on a 5 page thread.

Now the way it works is you get dropped to the last post. Its just sloppy.. Newbs will just post without reading the thread leading to spam. And the vets have to navigate back through pages and posts unnecessarily.

People want to sort their posts and threads by unread replys.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Jan 19, 2011

bh-alienux wrote:

Ok, not sure why, but after this feature was finally added and working well, it has apparently been removed since. It was working fine last Wednesday, but as of this past Saturday (possibly Friday), none of the threads I've read are actually showing as read anymore (when it was working they were showing with a lighter grey font to distinguish from the "not read" threads with the darker font). Every thread, both read and non-read, shows with the darker font again.

Also, when this was working, threads with new posts had the word "updated." This has also apparently been removed.

So my question is; why was this removed after being implemented? It seemed to be working well, and made reading the forums much less confusing, but now its back to being more confusing again.

Yeah I just noticed this a few days ago too. That was a very useful feature once again, but they decided to get rid of it.

What's the point of that

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 18 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Please see the official thread here: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3400066

I am working with the engineers to get this back ASAP as I find read tracking quite useful as well.

-SP

Message 19 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Great, thanks for the update and info in the other thread.

Message 20 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes