Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
29986 posts

Re: did anyone figure out a way to block the bar on top?

Feb 12, 2014

im gona try this either tonight or tomorrow

ill let you know how it worked out for me lol but thanks for replying anyway if it doesnt work

Message 11 of 14 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2559 posts

Feb 12, 2014
See I do a lot more than just spamming and trolling :smileytongue:
Message 12 of 14 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Southern comfort,
There is no security risk involved here at all and if it messes things up he can just delete the add on.
Problem fixed.

SoCo's warning wasn't about security, it was about user experience. He's trying to say that there's a high likelihood that blocking a piece of Javascript can cause the entire webpage to break and either load improperly or not at all. Which could potentially cause Hitman's forum experience to be significantly worse then before.

Personally I advise not blocking the bar no matter what the odds are for risk of breaking the page. That bar contains the links to your PMs, Help Page, and your Profile Settings. If you block the bar then your access to those items will also be blocked. This is also why there is no way to turn off the bar via your forum settings.

Message 13 of 14 (79 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29986 posts

Mar 7, 2014

DVM-501 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Southern comfort,
There is no security risk involved here at all and if it messes things up he can just delete the add on.
Problem fixed.

SoCo's warning wasn't about security, it was about user experience. He's trying to say that there's a high likelihood that blocking a piece of Javascript can cause the entire webpage to break and either load improperly or not at all. Which could potentially cause Hitman's forum experience to be significantly worse then before.

Personally I advise not blocking the bar no matter what the odds are for risk of breaking the page. That bar contains the links to your PMs, Help Page, and your Profile Settings. If you block the bar then your access to those items will also be blocked. This is also why there is no way to turn off the bar via your forum settings.

th ebar on top isnt th ony way to access pms

Message 14 of 14 (43 Views)
0 Likes