Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2013
By: Icinq Wastelander 541 posts
Accepted Solution

How do you report someone for having an offensive user name in the forums?

13 replies 511 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

I see people all the time on here with offensive or very inappropriate user names. So can you report them for that on here like you could if they were on a game or in Home?

Message 1 of 14 (511 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Re: How do you report someone for having an offensive user name in the forums?

Mar 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I see people all the time on here with offensive or very inappropriate user names. So can you report them for that on here like you could if they were on a game or in Home?

If it's someone you're seeing PS HOME then use the PS HOME in-game report feature, if it's a PSN ID you're seeing in 'games' or on the Forums then please use this link:

https://us.playstation.com//community/feedback/

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 14 (510 Views)
Wastelander
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

I'm talking about here in the forums I see this person so I want to know how I can report their user name through here. I tried clicking on the link that you provided, and there was a section that said click here if you want to report inappropriate content. So after I clicked it, all it did was sent me to the Playstation Home Page.

Message 3 of 14 (507 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9550 posts

Mar 21, 2013

You can message any member of the moderating team about that issue, but I highly recommend you message Tempest_Fire about it. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 14 (504 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I'm talking about here in the forums I see this person so I want to know how I can report their user name through here. So I just wanted to know if there is a way to do it on here.

Here's a link with a lsit of the Moderation Team & Managers, you may PM them if you want to with your concerns & they will respond to you.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 14 (499 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I'm talking about here in the forums I see this person so I want to know how I can report their user name through here. So I just wanted to know if there is a way to do it on here.

Find one of their posts, in the upper right corner there is a "report innapropriate content" option, use that and in the report explain why you think the username is offensive and should not be on here.

Message 6 of 14 (494 Views)
Wastelander
541 posts

Mar 22, 2013

deadend123 wrote:

You can message any member of the moderating team about that issue, but I highly recommend you message Tempest_Fire about it. :smileyhappy:

I don't know, I don't think the mods like it when we message them personally. The last time I messaged a mod about some bad behavior and obscene threads or posts in the forums, my account was suspended for 24 hours. Seriously it happened only half an hour after I messaged the mod, and I was very polite and provided links. And still I was the one who was suspended strangely enough.

Message 7 of 14 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
541 posts

Mar 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Icinq wrote:

Find one of their posts, in the upper right corner there is a "report innapropriate content" option, use that and in the report explain why you think the username is offensive and should not be on here.

I did that already, but lately I find the mods ignore me when I report inappropriate content. That's why I sent a pm to a mod which in turn got me suspended for some reason.

Message 8 of 14 (268 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6740 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Hey there, 

Yes please report anything you think is inappropriate and explain why you think it is offensive.

Also - please remember that the username must be in violation of one of the rules of conduct for it to be considered offensive.

Message 9 of 14 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4559 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Icinq wrote:

deadend123 wrote:

I don't know, I don't think the mods like it when we message them personally. The last time I messaged a mod about some bad behavior and obscene threads or posts in the forums, my account was suspended for 24 hours. Seriously it happened only half an hour after I messaged the mod, and I was very polite and provided links. And still I was the one who was suspended strangely enough.

Maybe because the Mod you got in contact with didn't see anything wrong with the person's ID name that you reported and consider it to be a false report. That's probably why you got banned was for false reporting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 14 (238 Views)
0 Likes