Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Re: How do you view a list of threads you created?

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

If you want to find only the topics that you've created, rather then all of your posts you will need to run a search similar to one that was suggested earlier, except use the Advanced Search feature to narrow the results.

1. In an empty search page enter your name in the "By Author" field and click "Enter" on your keyboard. This will load a list of every post that you've ever created.

2. Click on Advanced Search. This will be located in the red circle, but is omitted from the screen shot because I already have the link open.

3. Enter "Re" in the "Without Words" field. This will omit everything that you've posted that has "Re" in the title, which is the auto text entered into every reply you make.

4. Click Refine Search to enter your Advanced Search options into the search.

Keep in mind that the order is important. If not done in the correct order the search will no function properly. If done correctly and with no hiccups in the search feature you will receive a list of topic that you've authored.

SearchCreatedPosts.png

Message 11 of 24 (259 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 22, 2013

OMG DMV you are a BOSS!!! 

I cant tell you how long I have been trying to figure that out.

Message 12 of 24 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Darthdanman this is yours 

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&author_id=576...

Jerm7 this is yours

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&author_id=381...

DMV I cant thank you enough.

If its possible I really think OP should mark DMV as the correct answer!

Message 13 of 24 (249 Views)
Survivor
2496 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Thanks a lot DVM! :smileyvery-happy:

And you too speedy for trying and filling in the blanks. I can't change the solution but a kudos will have to suffice.

Message 14 of 24 (233 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I have bookmarked DMV's post for future references.

I got to thank you to Dan without your thread I would of learned nothing.

Message 15 of 24 (228 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:
Thanks a lot DVM! :smileyveryhappy:

And you too speedy for trying and filling in the blanks. I can't change the solution but a kudos will have to suffice.

You should be able to change an accepted solution by going into the "Options" menu of the post that you original selected as the solution and clicking on "Not the solution" bellow "Highlight". Then you can select what ever post you wish in the thread as the new solution, including the one you just removed (encase you didn't mean to click the option).

And lol at Speedy.

Message 16 of 24 (223 Views)
Survivor
2496 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:
Thanks a lot DVM! :smileyveryhappy:

You should be able to change an accepted solution by going into the "Options" menu of the post that you original selected as the solution and clicking on "Not the solution" bellow "Highlight". Then you can select what ever post you wish in the thread as the new solution, including the one you just removed (encase you didn't mean to click the option).

And lol at Speedy.

Forum Wizard... bow_down_before_you-960.gif

Message 17 of 24 (213 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Smiley forreal!

Message 18 of 24 (210 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

LMAO, what can I say, I love these forums. Glad that I could help. :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Apr 16, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

If you want to find only the topics that you've created, rather then all of your posts you will need to run a search similar to one that was suggested earlier, except use the Advanced Search feature to narrow the results.

1. In an empty search page enter your name in the "By Author" field and click "Enter" on your keyboard. This will load a list of every post that you've ever created.

2. Click on Advanced Search. This will be located in the red circle, but is omitted from the screen shot because I already have the link open.

3. Enter "Re" in the "Without Words" field. This will omit everything that you've posted that has "Re" in the title, which is the auto text entered into every reply you make.

4. Click Refine Search to enter your Advanced Search options into the search.

Keep in mind that the order is important. If not done in the correct order the search will no function properly. If done correctly and with no hiccups in the search feature you will receive a list of topic that you've authored.

SearchCreatedPosts.png

This doesn't work for me.  Unless I did something wrong, here is my screenshot.  I've started dozens if not hundreds of threads.  

Untitled.png

Message 20 of 24 (110 Views)