Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7830 posts

Re: How do you view a list of threads you created?

Apr 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

If you want to find only the topics that you've created, rather then all of your posts you will need to run a search similar to one that was suggested earlier, except use the Advanced Search feature to narrow the results.

1. In an empty search page enter your name in the "By Author" field and click "Enter" on your keyboard. This will load a list of every post that you've ever created.

2. Click on Advanced Search. This will be located in the red circle, but is omitted from the screen shot because I already have the link open.

3. Enter "Re" in the "Without Words" field. This will omit everything that you've posted that has "Re" in the title, which is the auto text entered into every reply you make.

4. Click Refine Search to enter your Advanced Search options into the search.

Keep in mind that the order is important. If not done in the correct order the search will no function properly. If done correctly and with no hiccups in the search feature you will receive a list of topic that you've authored.

**pic removed for space**

This doesn't work for me.  Unless I did something wrong, here is my screenshot.  I've started dozens if not hundreds of threads.  

**pic removed for space**

First make an empty community wide search. It should show no results. Then enter you username and click enter to update the search. This should pull up everything in the community that you've posted. The next step is to enter the Advanced Search settings and click Refine Search. The order is important.

This is what I received using your name.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (128 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4558 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Now *that's* how you rake in the Kudos, DVM!  In all seriousness, this was some awesome feedback.  I was not looking forward to having to describe how to do this, but you nailed it.  Thanks!

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7830 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Now *that's* how you rake in the Kudos, DVM!  In all seriousness, this was some awesome feedback.  I was not looking forward to having to describe how to do this, but you nailed it.  Thanks!

lol, not a problem at all. Tis what I'm here for, and glad that I was able to help. :smileywink:

I was reading through the topic when I got the idea that maybe you could manipulate the search to functionally do as the OP wanted. So I gave it a test. It took a few tries to get the order correct, in fact I almost gave up after my fourth attempt. But once I did get it to function, it was pretty awesome to see my theory prove itself.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

First make an empty community wide search. It should show no results. Then enter you username and click enter to update the search. This should pull up everything in the community that you've posted. The next step is to enter the Advanced Search settings and click Refine Search. The order is important.

This is what I received using your name.

Sweet, I must have done something wrong before (I think I used a search I had already had open using to find a thread for a guy with some support question the other day).

I got it to work for me that time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (94 Views)
0 Likes