Mar 22 2013
By: LuckyAmeliza Splicer 82 posts

I'm wondering if my account was hacked

4 replies 358 views Edited Mar 22, 2013
I changed my password, but I recently logged on here after not being on since nov. 2011 and saw at least 3 posts not authored by me ( one if which was this past Dec.8th, my brithday) one of which stated I was 39 going on 40 in April, my last bday I turned 28. Just wondering if I should be at all concerned?
Message 1 of 5 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: I'm wondering if my account was hacked

Mar 22, 2013

Could be a forum hip-cup, or someone (maybe) used your account on here. All you can do is change your password on here, your e-mail that are linked to your account, and on your console for purchases if you have that set up.

Since it was so late ago, I don't know if Moderation can compare IP address and see if someone did infact used your account...

YB

Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

No, if there were posts you didn't make, someone has your information, its not a "hiccup", that doesn't even make sense..The forums don't randomly and accidentally post for you. Change your info immediately.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

LuckyAmeliza wrote:
I changed my password, but I recently logged on here after not being on since nov. 2011 and saw at least 3 posts not authored by me ( one if which was this past Dec.8th, my brithday) one of which stated I was 39 going on 40 in April, my last bday I turned 28. Just wondering if I should be at all concerned?

Hi LuckyAmeliza,

I'm looking at your recent posts and it doesn't look like any posts were made since November 2011 other than the thread we're in currently and the post located here. Are you sure you were looking at the correct account?

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 4 of 5 (183 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

I feel kind of dumb, but I think I was looking in the wrong area when I was looking through my posting history. Thanks for the info and double checking.

Message 5 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes