Mar 29 2013
By: Ray186 Treasure Hunter 5251 posts

Is Firefox not supported on these forums?

8 replies 521 views Edited Mar 29, 2013

I'm currently using Firefox 19.0.2 and cannot sign into the forums.  Everytime I attempt to login the page just refreshes. Would anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? Right now I have to use SRWare Iron just to be able to post this.

Message 1 of 9 (521 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38734 posts

Re: Is Firefox not supported on these forums?

Mar 29, 2013

Ray186 wrote:

I'm currently using Firefox 19.0.2 and cannot sign into the forums.  Everytime I attempt to login the page just refreshes. Would anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? Right now I have to use SRWare Iron just to be able to post this.

Firefox is supported on these Forums, I use it on my MacBook all the time.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (520 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28521 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Using Firefox right now. Try reinstalling it.

Message 3 of 9 (514 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

Ray186 wrote:

Firefox is my main browser and never have I experienced a problem on this forums because of it.

Perhaps the issue you are having is related to SEN Auth system and not Firefox. Either way clear your browsers cookies & cache.

If you don't know how: Just Press the ALT key on your keyboard [the menu bar will show] Now click on Tools/Clear Recent History. A new windows will open. On the drop down menu select Everything. On the option box check Cookies & Cache & then click Clear Now. Make sure to uncheck anything that you don't want to be deleted.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 9 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Nope. I re-installed Firefox, cleared my cookies and cache, and disabled my adblock plus. Every time that I try to login it redirects me to this page: 

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/external/auth/login.action?request_locale=en_US&service...

Any other ideas?

Message 5 of 9 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Mar 30, 2013

OK I figured out what was wrong. It seems that my HTTPS Everywhere and the forum don't get along. After I disable it everything works fine. Thank You to everyone who tried to help.

Message 6 of 9 (471 Views)
MVP Support
18872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

Ray186 wrote:

OK I figured out what was wrong. It seems that my HTTPS Everywhere and the forum don't get along. After I disable it everything works fine. Thank You to everyone who tried to help.

Ah ok there you go. Nice to see another HTTPS-Everywhere user Smiley Happy

A while back I made a post about this but since then such post has been buried into the forum's post-history soup.

Anyways,  the SEN Auth cookie is meant for an unencrypted connection [HTTP] and not an encrypted connection [HTTPS]

|You don't have to fully desable HTTPS-Everywhere, just disable SONY (Partial) and everything should work smoothly.

Given that it is an Auth cookie, I would love for this cookie to always be sent over HTTPS instead of just being HTTP.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 7 of 9 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Ray186 wrote:

Boom! You just helped ME out.  I was having internet issues this past weekend and installed Firefox to try it out again on my Mac.  I was going to do this EXACT thread today and you beat me to it.  So I THANK YOU!

Message 8 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1699 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Just so you know that redirect to sign in is normal.

Message 9 of 9 (426 Views)
0 Likes