Oct 21 2013
By: saberfalcon First Son 1 posts

Issues with website

2 replies 113 views Edited Oct 21, 2013

So after spend 20 minutes trying to figure out how to tell you that your repair comments texbox is broken, I am annoyed to have to have resorted to figuring out what my PS network ID and password was just so i can tell you that your site has issues.

Your comments box complains about special characters apparently it does not like apostrophes or coma not sure which it is.  But far more annoying is after it complains when you go back to the text box on entry it clears the text SO YOU HAVE TO TYPE IT AGAIN.  Now as a website manager myself comma and apostrophes are annoying but people are not going to consider them special characters, so if you have to limit those give a list of what you consider special characters. The better option would be to escape them somehow. Took me 4 tries not to automatically hit a comma or apostrophe.

Message 1 of 3 (113 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38538 posts

Re: Issues with website

Oct 22, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

saberfalcon wrote:

So after spend 20 minutes trying to figure out how to tell you that your repair comments texbox is broken, I am annoyed to have to have resorted to figuring out what my PS network ID and password was just so i can tell you that your site has issues.

Your comments box complains about special characters apparently it does not like apostrophes or coma not sure which it is.  But far more annoying is after it complains when you go back to the text box on entry it clears the text SO YOU HAVE TO TYPE IT AGAIN.  Now as a website manager myself comma and apostrophes are annoying but people are not going to consider them special characters, so if you have to limit those give a list of what you consider special characters. The better option would be to escape them somehow. Took me 4 tries not to automatically hit a comma or apostrophe.

I hear you, & just so you know, Sony is aware of the issue, I was hoping it would have been 'fixed' by now or at least a workaround sought, but no deal, I'm going to raise the issue again with the managers for you.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
35961 posts

Re: Issues with website

Oct 22, 2013

I've had problems before with the percent key "%".  If I write up some huge wall-o-text in Word for Windows and paste it in, it tends to choke on that symbol.  Or at least it did.

Typing it in free-form doesn't seem to be as big of a problem.

Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)
0 Likes