0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1929 posts

Re: Looking good

Aug 31, 2006

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

RYAN 123 wrote:
Meh, I don't get it really.

What don't you get? This board is for people with questions regarding the technical side of the Forum. That's it.

What I don't get is this:

There was a successfull board they had with many people who got along and helped each other out with graphics, and other problems or questions people had about the forum. Now, they go and basically cut out the graphics portion, not really cut it out, but change everything around, pretty much ruining it. The signature section was one of the most successfull forum they had. It helped so many people advance in graphics and people were so happy with it.

I think this forum support thing is just messed up and wierd now. I thought it would be good, but just don't really understand its purpose. It seems like the same thing almost, just with the graphics portion of it thrown around and it just doesn't make any sense to me.
Message 12 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Aug 31, 2006

RYAN 123 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

RYAN 123 wrote:

What don't you get? This board is for people with questions regarding the technical side of the Forum. That's it.

There was a successfull board they had with many people who got along and helped each other out with graphics, and other problems or questions people had about the forum. Now, they go and basically cut out the graphics portion, not really cut it out, but change everything around, pretty much ruining it. The signature section was one of the most successfull forum they had. It helped so many people advance in graphics and people were so happy with it.

I think this forum support thing is just messed up and wierd now. I thought it would be good, but just don't really understand its purpose. It seems like the same thing almost, just with the graphics portion of it thrown around and it just doesn't make any sense to me.

What you don't realise is that the Signature board wasn't as good as you made it out to be and it certainly wasn't what the Mods anticipated it to be. Too much spam was most likely the reason. It was FULL of needless and unworthy posts. Yes, it helped out member improve their graphic skills and yes, you could show off your latest and greatest but apart from that, there was nothing else good about it. Unfortunately, the "not good" side outweighed the "good" side.
Message 13 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1929 posts

Aug 31, 2006

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

RYAN 123 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

RYAN 123 wrote:

What you don't realise is that the Signature board wasn't as good as you made it out to be and it certainly wasn't what the Mods anticipated it to be. Too much spam was most likely the reason. It was FULL of needless and unworthy posts. Yes, it helped out member improve their graphic skills and yes, you could show off your latest and greatest but apart from that, there was nothing else good about it. Unfortunately, the "not good" side outweighed the "good" side.

I know it's not what it was supposed to be. But, maybe they could've left some more of the signature portion of it in this new forum. I know it is meant to be better, but, I think they're getting less users somewhat.
Message 14 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Aug 31, 2006
Just give it a few days, people will start to warm up to it and get used to the changes and then end up liking it. Wait and see.

I do understand where you're coming from though.
Message 15 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6713 posts

Sep 6, 2006
We did, and there is only 5 pages

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
Just give it a few days, people will start to warm up to it and get used to the changes and then end up liking it. Wait and see.

I do understand where you're coming from though.

Message 16 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes