Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Re: MVPs now have red names?

Mar 13, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

How does one become a Playstation MVP exactly?

As far as I know you have to be invited chicken, although having said that I thought I saw something recently that they were opening it up to others to apply soon too.

BRIT-KO

There will be a application process eventually. The most important thing however, is that your active and helpful in the community. Those are two thing we pride ourselves in. Smiley Happy

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 21 of 88 (224 Views)
Platinum
54257 posts

Mar 13, 2013

A very easy way to get recognized is to do things like Brit-KO, a non-mvp, have been doing. 

I noticed brit because instead of having to answer questions I can just click kudos on his post for already having answered the questions before loggin in!

Just one example of how to be "noticed"

Message 22 of 88 (210 Views)
Naughty Paw
19549 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Brrnout wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

As far as I know you have to be invited chicken, although having said that I thought I saw something recently that they were opening it up to others to apply soon too.

BRIT-KO

There will be a application process eventually. The most important thing however, is that your active and helpful in the community. Those are two thing we pride ourselves in. Smiley Happy

Cheers, Brrnout

So it'll be an application process rather than a recommendation system like it used to be?

Or, am I reading into this wrong and you're going to just do what you used to do to recruit new MVPs?

Message 23 of 88 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Brrnout wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

BRIT-KO

Cheers, Brrnout

So it'll be an application process rather than a recommendation system like it used to be?

Or, am I reading into this wrong and you're going to just do what you used to do to recruit new MVPs?

Application process with some folks identified and asked to apply from time to time.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 24 of 88 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38464 posts

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

A very easy way to get recognized is to do things like Brit-KO, a non-mvp, have been doing. 

I noticed brit because instead of having to answer questions I can just click kudos on his post for already having answered the questions before loggin in!

Just one example of how to be "noticed"

Thanks PP, I really do try to be helpful when I can.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 25 of 88 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I try to be helpful when I can..More often than not I find myself leaning more to the sarcastic side of things though. I don't think I could handle the pressure to be nice to every mouth-breather that stumbles onto these forums asking questions that have been answered 1000X over.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 26 of 88 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10358 posts

Mar 14, 2013

So what if I was VERY helpful in the past? Before the transition to Jive, that's all I ever did. Can't do that anymore, because of BRITTNEY-KO. Smiley Mad

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 27 of 88 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38464 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

deadend123 wrote:

So what if I was VERY helpful in the past? Before the transition to Jive, that's all I ever did. Can't do that anymore, because of BRITTNEY-KO. Smiley Mad

@ deadend - Sorry Smiley Sad.

@Setzaroth - Being sarcastic, facetious or funny is ok so long as it's done correctly, also having some fun on the Forums is a good thing, but the over all objective must be to be helpful to people who come here.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have explained how to do a video reset or no you can't change your PSN ID or all sales from the PS Store are final, but people come to these Forums daily asking these questions & we should answer them.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 28 of 88 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm down for purple or orange. Was kind of surprised to see my name in red after waking up. Went to go see if I could ban someone but no dice Smiley Sad

Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 29 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

deadend123 wrote:

@ deadend - Sorry Smiley Sad.

@Setzaroth - Being sarcastic, facetious or funny is ok so long as it's done correctly, also having some fun on the Forums is a good thing, but the over all objective must be to be helpful to people who come here.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have explained how to do a video reset or no you can't change your PSN ID or all sales from the PS Store are final, but people come to these Forums daily asking these questions & we should answer them.

BRIT-KO

Well stated BRIT.  I know, I will on occasion point out the power of the search function for people coming on to ask a question that has been raised numerous times.  With this said, I at least attempt to answer the questions at the same time.

New members need guidance sometimes, and it is important to remember that.  As part to the Welcoming Committee, it is upon those of us, to help these individuals and set aside pettiness.

Some fun can be had as well.  After all, what would this Forum be like if it were all business, all the time?  

Keeping it respectful and insightful is a duty to all members, no matter their affiliations or titles.  We all work together to further the enjoyment of Sony Gaming and an understanding of how things function and fail at times.

Having a positive outlook is key in ensuring anyone who comes here can feel welcome and find what they have come in search of.  Whether or not the individual chooses to stay on, after receiving their advice, is often determined by their experience here.(Smiley Wink Thanks BRIT)

If they come on and get blasted by a ton of people Smiley Mad; then they may not return, or worse, they may become belligerent until they find themselves in trouble, facing either a ban or suspension.  No one wants that.

In short, some of us will jest from time to time, but when it is all said and done, we value any new addition to the Forum.  We ALL try to help in our own ways, and that is what makes it a "Community".

Correct me if I am wrong on that, but it is at least how I feel.

Moble

Message 30 of 88 (120 Views)
0 Likes