Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: MVPs now have red names?

Mar 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm down for purple or orange. Was kind of surprised to see my name in red after waking up. Went to go see if I could ban someone but no dice Smiley Sad

Smiley LOL

Moble

I've been thinking...maybe they should have the brightest, most obnoxious colored names...

Any idea for what that may be? Neon Green? Bright Blue? Pink? Yellow

Message 31 of 88 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I like Magenta!Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 32 of 88 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 14, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm down for purple or orange. Was kind of surprised to see my name in red after waking up. Went to go see if I could ban someone but no dice Smiley Sad

Smiley LOL

Moble

I've been thinking...maybe they should have the brightest, most obnoxious colored names...

The bright colors are a bit brutal on the light skin. Yellow/Gold certainly crossed my mind, but I couldn't find an appropriate shade.  I do recognize the potential for confusion though.  Also, I'll avoid green for a branding reason. I like the color now, but I'm not married to it.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 33 of 88 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Smiley LOL

Moble

The bright colors are a bit brutal on the light skin. Yellow/Gold certainly crossed my mind, but I couldn't find an appropriate shade.  I do recognize the potential for confusion though.  Also, I'll avoid green for a branding reason. I like the color now, but I'm not married to it.

Change the mods to a darker color? Orange? Dark Green? Purple? Black?

Message 34 of 88 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54535 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Smiley LOL

Moble

Well what if I propose to you to marry this color?  What then?  Smiley Tongue   

On behalf of orange red, will you marry me?   

musahaha

Message 35 of 88 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

True.  I am going back to Orange, after St. Patty's, but I have had a few requests to "tone down" the current color.Smiley Wink

As well, I forget about the Mobile App, until I go on there.  The brighter colors might not do so well in there.  Despite the similarity to the DPM Team Red, I think the Red stands out just fine.  Besides, the titles still remain below , and the Icons are still different.

Moble

Message 36 of 88 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 14, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Smiley LOL

Moble

Change the mods to a darker color? Orange? Dark Green? Purple? Black?

I'm definitely keeping Orange and Purple in mind.  They look great on the Naughty Paws rank and the Poster of the Week rank.  This shouldn't imply that I plan on changing the color, but I'm an open minded fellow.  You never know.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 37 of 88 (115 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Smiley LOL

Moble

the devs use to be green and i never bought an green ringed console. red for the mvps is too confusing.

Message 38 of 88 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38875 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Smiley LOL

Moble

I like the Gold Smiley Wink, looks great against the new blue, but the white, yea, that could be tough I suppose.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 39 of 88 (103 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I do think a color change to distinguish between MVP and MODs a little better is a good idea.  But what works best on both blue and light background? Hmmmm....

My vote would learn toward Green.  A middle of the road green, not too dark, not too light.

Message 40 of 88 (89 Views)
0 Likes