Re: MVPs now have red names?

Mar 14, 2013

If its green I want kawasaki green! Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 88 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I am liking the ideas of GOLD or Kawasaki Green!

Maybe even make the Mods Gold, and the MVPs the Green.

Red is still cool, but I suppose I can see the argument on the side of confusing.  This being said, Mods are Mods, and MVPs are not.  Whether or not they are confused for one another might be solely on the person interpreting it.

Just my thoughts.

Moble

Message 42 of 88 (161 Views)
Platinum
54480 posts

Mar 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Red is still cool, but I suppose I can see the argument on the side of confusing.  This being said, Mods are Mods, and MVPs are not.  Whether or not they are confused for one another might be solely on the person interpreting it.

Just my thoughts.

Moble

I still look at the rank and not the color but that is just me, I'm sure others don't look that close.   

Message 43 of 88 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Just my thoughts.

Moble

I still look at the rank and not the color but that is just me, I'm sure others don't look that close.   

Yeah, that is where I was going with it.  It is not too hard to "read" what it says, rather than just look at a color.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 44 of 88 (154 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38734 posts

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I used to ride a Kawasaki, it was the coolest bike I ever had, ahh memories...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 45 of 88 (147 Views)
Platinum
54480 posts

Mar 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I used to ride a Kawasaki, it was the coolest bike I ever had, ahh memories...

BRIT-KO

Smiley Happy  I used to race mine Smiley Tongue  Team Green FTW!

Message 46 of 88 (142 Views)
VP of Gaming
34123 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm down for purple or orange. Was kind of surprised to see my name in red after waking up. Went to go see if I could ban someone but no dice Smiley Sad

Smiley LOL

Moble

I've been thinking...maybe they should have the brightest, most obnoxious colored names...

Any idea for what that may be? Neon Green? Bright Blue? Pink? Yellow

The bright colors are a bit brutal on the light skin. Yellow/Gold certainly crossed my mind, but I couldn't find an appropriate shade.  I do recognize the potential for confusion though.  Also, I'll avoid green for a branding reason. I like the color now, but I'm not married to it.

Change the mods to a darker color? Orange? Dark Green? Purple? Black?

I'm definitely keeping Orange and Purple in mind.  They look great on the Naughty Paws rank and the Poster of the Week rank.  This shouldn't imply that I plan on changing the color, but I'm an open minded fellow.  You never know.

do the Lithium boards allow for outlined names? i know some forums do, such a thing could offer more color options and would ease the blindingness with the light skin with a yellow font for example(looks at Brit). Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 88 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38734 posts

Mar 14, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
I'm down for purple or orange. Was kind of surprised to see my name in red after waking up. Went to go see if I could ban someone but no dice Smiley Sad

Smiley LOL

Moble

I've been thinking...maybe they should have the brightest, most obnoxious colored names...

Any idea for what that may be? Neon Green? Bright Blue? Pink? Yellow

The bright colors are a bit brutal on the light skin. Yellow/Gold certainly crossed my mind, but I couldn't find an appropriate shade.  I do recognize the potential for confusion though.  Also, I'll avoid green for a branding reason. I like the color now, but I'm not married to it.

Change the mods to a darker color? Orange? Dark Green? Purple? Black?

I'm definitely keeping Orange and Purple in mind.  They look great on the Naughty Paws rank and the Poster of the Week rank.  This shouldn't imply that I plan on changing the color, but I'm an open minded fellow.  You never know.

do the Lithium boards allow for outlined names? i know some forums do, such a thing could offer more color options and would ease the blindingness with the light skin with a yellow font for example(looks at Brit). Smiley Very Happy

Lol SE, I did think about changing the color but to be honest I quite like it against the blue, which I know you don't use lol, I'm loathed to change it, but just out of curiosity what colors do look good on the lighter skin?

BRIT-KO

Message 48 of 88 (132 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34123 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

its fine on the light skin because the text area in topics is dark gray, so its just like the old forum.

but for some reason in PMs the text area is the light gray so thats why you blinded me yesterday. Smiley Tongue

also, got bored so i tested some colors out.

surprised at how well straight yellow stands out on the light forum skin.

colortest.jpg

Message 49 of 88 (130 Views)
MVP Support
38734 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

This is the light YELLOW.

This is my usual color GOLD.

This is regular YELLOW

To be honest I actually like the usual RED they use!

BRIT-KO

Message 50 of 88 (125 Views)