Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Re: MVPs now have red names?

Mar 15, 2013
Oh come on...you all know Pink is a much better color for authority :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 88 (562 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Mar 15, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

its fine on the light skin because the text area in topics is dark gray, so its just like the old forum.

but for some reason in PMs the text area is the light gray so thats why you blinded me yesterday. :smileytongue:

also, got bored so i tested some colors out.

surprised at how well straight yellow stands out on the light forum skin.

colortest.jpg

after seeing this I say leave it alone just how it is now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 88 (551 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Mar 15, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Now that I see that side by side comparison... I am actually partial to that dark pink at the bottom for MVP. Not that it matters to me as I am not affected by it.....  I just think it shows up very well on both skins and I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to wear pink :smileywink:  Again.. not that it would affect me. I still like the red for MOD's which also does not affect me.   It brings a air of authority with it and shouldn't change.

This!

BRIT-KO

i concur as well.

red for mods, community managers and game devs is fine and shouldnt change. but the MVP color should, it too similar to the mod red.
perhaps someone should poll the MVPs to see what they want their color to be? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 88 (534 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Mar 15, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Now that I see that side by side comparison... I am actually partial to that dark pink at the bottom for MVP. Not that it matters to me as I am not affected by it.....  I just think it shows up very well on both skins and I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to wear pink :smileywink:  Again.. not that it would affect me. I still like the red for MOD's which also does not affect me.   It brings a air of authority with it and shouldn't change.

This!

BRIT-KO

i concur as well.

red for mods, community managers and game devs is fine and shouldnt change. but the MVP color should, it too similar to the mod red.
perhaps someone should poll the MVPs to see what they want their color to be? :smileyvery-happy:

Basedon the color-comparison chart, purple or pink. Imagine, though, the MVPs having such a "girly" color :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 88 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Mar 16, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

This!

BRIT-KO

i concur as well.

Basedon the color-comparison chart, purple or pink. Imagine, though, the MVPs having such a "girly" color :smileyvery-happy:

if they make names bold they have a lot more color options. i think orange would be neat. curious to see if they would change the icon next to their names color too though.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 88 (515 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29039 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

This!

BRIT-KO

i concur as well.

Agreed, it iss too close, others have already pointed out the similarity, was it changed to red for a reason, do we know?

BRIT-KO

P.S. Phoenix, pink, no lol!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 88 (509 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9412 posts

Mar 16, 2013

As a male, I say that there's nothing wrong with pink. I even wore pink to prom.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 88 (506 Views)
VP of Gaming
29039 posts

Mar 16, 2013

deadend123 wrote:

As a male, I say that there's nothing wrong with pink. I even wore pink to prom.

I used to wear pick/purple/mauve shirts & ties to work all the time, I'm just not sure it's a color suitable for here :smileywink:.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 88 (499 Views)
MVP Support
11426 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

It is easy for people to suggest colors for PSN IDs when they aren’t the ones who will be sporting them indefinitely.

Ranks and icons differ between Moderators, Digital Platforms Community Managers, Developers, and PlayStation MVPs (among other titles that are associated with red icons). You generally wouldn’t bring your forum moderation concerns to a developer and you generally wouldn't bring your video game concerns to a moderator (just for example). Those who you contact for the wrong reasons (by mistake) may pass your concerns on to the necessary individuals but it really is in everyone’s best interest to look at the ranks that are associated with the red icons or the red names. Moderators and PlayStation MVPs used to have different colored icons and different colored PSU IDs in the past (long before some of you registered here) but people STILL found themselves getting confused for whatever reason. It just goes to show you that some things never change.

Some of the colors that are being suggested here would not look very good with a red icon and I'm pretty sure green is out of the question.  

BRIT-KO wrote:

Agreed, it iss too close, others have already pointed out the similarity, was it changed to red for a reason, do we know?

BRIT-KO

Trawnza wrote:

The blue doesn't look right against the other blues... and the other colors don't gel with the other skins of the forum

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 88 (498 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Mar 16, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

This!

BRIT-KO

i concur as well.

BRIT-KO

i think whoever works on the forum HTML likes red too much. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 88 (475 Views)
0 Likes