Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2013
By: Thew902 PlayStation MVP 3986 posts

Mobile version of the forums issues

7 replies 122 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Hey, as of Friday while browsing on the forums using my mobile device, the forums revert back to the desktop version each time I load a new page.  Can someone look into this, or help me rectify this if it is on my end?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Re: Mobile version of the forums issues

Apr 28, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

Hey, as of Friday while browsing on the forums using my mobile device, the forums revert back to the desktop version each time I load a new page.  Can someone look into this, or help me rectify this if it is on my end?

Had you previously chosen to use, or perhaps mistakenly clicked on the 'view as full web-page' option?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3986 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Nope. I have to repeatedly hit "Mobile" at the bottom actually to view as mobile (obviously) and then when I go to another page, it's back at the full web page version.  Do you view the forums on a mobile device?  Sounds like it may be on my end then...

edit: clearing data and cache did not fix it, but downloading a new browser did.  Strange. Still, if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated but I at least have a solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Thew902 wrote:

Nope. I have to repeatedly hit "Mobile" at the bottom actually to view as mobile (obviously) and then when I go to another page, it's back at the full web page version.  Do you view the forums on a mobile device?  Sounds like it may be on my end then...

edit: clearing data and cache did not fix it, but downloading a new browser did.  Strange. Still, if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated but I at least have a solution.

I view them on my iPad & they look exactly as they do here, I just got a new cellphone but I haven't tried viewing them on there yet.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Are you on a PC?

If you have iOS or Android, the Chrome app has a Request Desktop Site option. If you use the Chrome app, have you clicked on the Request Desktop Site button by any chance?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6730 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Can you describe the exact steps you are taking??

I have to be able to reproduce it in order to excalate it to the support staff.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3986 posts

Apr 30, 2013
It seems it was on my end. I switched to another browser app which resolved it, so if nobody else is having an issue you can disregard this thread.

Thank you all for assisting, though.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (74 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Thew902 wrote:
It seems it was on my end. I switched to another browser app which resolved it, so if nobody else is having an issue you can disregard this thread.

Thank you all for assisting, though.

No prob :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes